Old 04-09-2007   #1
CW and Mike Mather River Awareness--Free

Hello all.
As CW announced earlier this spring, Mike Mather will be the featured speaker at CW's dinner this Friday, April 13th at 6:30 p.m. at Dave and Busters (I-25 and Colo. Blvd. in Denver). RSVP to Patty LaBarge (518-365-9754 or if you haven't done so already. But here's more great news for those of you who are not yet CW members (shame on you ), perhaps new to kayaking, or simply want to learn or re-learn from one of the best--for free!
On Saturday, April 14th from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Mike Mather will offer his River Awareness class downtown by Confluence Park. This dryland class is the same one Dagger hired Mike to do in years past, and while not intended to be a full-blown swiftwater rescue class, it is a great class focusing on hydrology, personal equipment, self-directed rescues, the use of throw bags, simple and complex rescue systems, and lots more.
If you are not a CW member yet, join up now and be one of the first 15 people to get back to me and you can attend Mike's class for free. (If you joined CW just this year, you can take advantage of this offer as well). CW is the one of the oldest paddling clubs in the county and a great place to meet new boaters. Hurry, space is limited. Email me and once you are confirmed I will send you an email with all the details. Cheers.
Thanks all,
Patrick Tooley
CW Past President

patrickt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007   #2
KVBA TV8 Vail weatherman/Colorado Kayaker, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1992
Send a message via MSN to hobie
What a great way to start the paddling season. Kasey and I will be there to help out as well. Kasey is a Team D paddler and manager for WRSI helmets. We look forward to seeing everyone there. I know I could use a bit of a refresher before I get to creeking. Hopefully you take advantage of this free class.

Dagger Kayaks

hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007   #3
CW Spring Dinner and Mike Mather

Hey all.
I spoke to Mike today and he's really jazzed about speaking at CW's spring dinner. He's been working on his presentation for Spring Dinner, complete with DVD clips and more. Should be a great night. Nathan Fey, AW's new stewardship director for Colorado, is also excited to mix and mingle with folks at spring dinner and tell you about his plans on behalf of AW. Mike also said he's psyched about Saturday's River Awareness class and is looking forward to working with Hobie again. BTW, for those of you who have signed up for the Saturday class (and those who will be), I'll be sending out an email with beta on time and meeting place, etc. It looks like the weather will cooperate on Saturday, but we're working on lining up an inside venue just in case. Finally, if you are planning on coming to CW's spring dinner and have not done so yet, please RSVP to Patty Labarge ASAP since Dave and Busters is pushing us for a firm number. Patty's contact info is and her phone is 518-365-9754.
Thanks for the great response and we'll see you all on Friday (and perhaps Saturday as well).
Patrick Tooley
CW Past President.
patrickt is offline   Reply With Quote