Old 07-25-2011   #1
Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1998
Crystal Gorge

Went in yesterday and yes all of you coming off the North Fork we really did go into the gorge. Just a couple quick notes on it. The flows were about 525 or so. This made a submerged log just above the first major drop a non issue. Lower water it may be an issue so get out and take a look. Up to there and down to Pine Tree is clear. The juice made everything above Cork Screw into Pine Tree and beyond basically one rapid. No eddy at Pine tree. The drop is HUGE but at those flows about 40% of the rivers flow goes to the left side of the large rock in the center of the river at the base of the drop. Go that way you most likely will stay there, permanently. The second pick is of the log sieve that criss crossed that channel. At lower flows don't think I've ever seen water go over that side. Should be a non issue as of today. Every thing below it is good to go. Didn't see the Inner as we weren't gonna touch it at those flows. Good luck and have fun.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pt2.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	686.4 KB
ID:	3866   Click image for larger version

Name:	pt3.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	482.4 KB
ID:	3867  

Warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011   #2
4CRS, Durango, Colorado
Nice work

Way to get after it Warren.

TonyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011   #3
Silt, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1991
Thanks for the beta. The hike out sounded tortuous..

Good job Warren!
Signorini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011   #4
dropzone, Colorado
We ran that left channel a couple seasons ago. Seems like pine tree changes every year these days. You guys are either nucking futz or real good, or both to think it's a good idear to drop in at 5&ahalf. Hope the inner is clean...
ACC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #5
The next zone, .
Nice work boys... Just leave it to the durango boys to get it done but Warren - Kev has been in durango long enough! Please send him back to BV as my paddlin has been slacking off since he left town ....

Sounds like you had quite the trip this past weekend and thanks for a puttin up a post on the buzz that is actually worth reading...
"I feel better than any other time when I am in the mountains and uh I cant explain it ya know...." - Shawn Farmer..........
Jahve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #6
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
Warren we were in the red jeep passing by with all the boats. We kind of thought you might be going on a boat to the gorge then some how going on a hike ha nice job on getting it done none of believed you were running it and we've never been in the gorge so we had no idea what the hell you were doing at the put in! sweet! and thanks for the beta!
ChasetheWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #7
Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1998
Not likely

No F***ing Way Jayve! Who the hell else am I gonna get to go run the shit with me. You can have him in a couple months when he's all married up and on lock down. One by one just fading away. Aren't you about to be out the game anyway here soon. Congrats by the way.

Warren is offline   Reply With Quote