Old 04-12-2006   #11
Seattle, Washington
Paddling Since: 1999
Send a message via AIM to JCKeck1
I must say that I just watched that without sound, so maybe I'm missing something, but the line is obviously on the left side of the hole (with all the outflow). Unless they were trying to prove that hole would roll their ridiculously top heavy raft, they completely missed the flat water line. I don't mind improvements in craft safety, but people paddling the creature crafts seem hell bent on proving that they've taken all of the adventure, excitement, and skill out of river running only to reduce it to an act of pure bafoonery. I can't wait to see that hole this weekend!

JCKeck1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006   #12
dropzone, Colorado
yeah, I in no way vouch for the safety of creatures generally or approve of the line choice...but a nice view of the hydraulic.

Its like the description in CRC II for Barrel at 16Gs, Joe: be the log.

ACC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006   #13
Durango, Colorado
CRAZY!!! Looks more like a drowning creature.
DES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006   #14
What I don't get about the Creature Craft is that it takes the two worst things about both rafting and kayaking and combines them. You choose to have no speed like a raft, and are very large, then you strap yourself to it (which is the major disadvantage in kayaking, because you can't bail as easily), and unlike kayaking you can't actually controllably roll it back up. So you sit there strapped to a giant inner tube sideways, with your friend drowning below you. Furthermore, they are designed so you can't carry any more gear than you can in a kayak (on a per person basis). Brilliant.

Back to the subject, Cross is going to be sick this weekend!
Kyle McCutchen
Cutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006   #15
Paddling Since: 1994
i saw one of these things set up to row. dude would crash some big stuff. he didnt belt himself in. he would just high side when it flipped. it would come out, and be righted. there also seems to be some control to righting the thing. nothing like a roll but more than sheer luck. the best thing about these is that they make a cool water slide for flatwater. pod the boats, tap the keg and slide away. every trip needs one.

zbaird is offline   Reply With Quote