Old 04-03-2005   #21
dropzone, Colorado
stupid falls...good to go at big water?

I just watched some old wavesport promo videos that are included on their current dvd, and lucero's line on stupid @ high water looks pretty smooth! Those photoshopped pics make that shelf halfway look a lot bigger, though.

ACC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005   #22
crested butte, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1990
Send a message via Yahoo to milo
FYI: the big bird falls on the EAST RIVER was called "locals only" years ago by the first descenter... he was not a local(paul hefernan) and was mocking us locals who shy away from it....more locals have run it now, but stupid falls????what is stupid about it?'d better not get lost at the top of it...FYI: the race put-in falls on obj is called "wild bill falls" after guess who? wild bill and his homemade ducky.....not that it matters, but.....

milo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005   #23
locals Only

You got it mostly correct about Locals Only. Myself, and Brook were there when Paul ran it for the first time. The reason it is called locals only is that when we were running the taylor earlier in the day, A "local" picked us up and told us we were going to die if we ran the east. Then at the bridge where you put in for the east, we were putting in and another "local" came up to us and gave us crap and said, "not to run the east or the big drop becuase us locals have not run it yet" So thats where the name came from. We had strange encounters that day.

mp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005   #24
Charc in = charc out
Seattle, Washington
Paddling Since: 1992
and ... i believe a fuzzy clip of paul running locals only is shown during the credits of Falling Down ('94/'95).

mike, was colby m. on that trip as well?
ToddG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005   #25
Long Time Ago

No Colby was not on that trip. Fro what I recall in 1993? I think it was or 94 Me, Brook, Paul and a first year female boater was on the trip. I am not sure where the Pics went from that and we had no video camera just a cheap throw away. What I heard after Pauls run was that Keggerman ran it withen the same week and then later that summer Colby and some guys ran it.

mp is offline   Reply With Quote