Old 10-04-2006   #1
creeks in mexico

i am trying to get a trip together to mexico. i am looking to do some creekin but i don't really know where to start as far as where to go what creeks are good so on and so forth. if any one knows of a good location in mexico to creek that would be awsome

Dano the mano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006   #2
Summit, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
Send a message via AIM to COUNT
Talk to El Flaco (or wait for him to post). I believe I remember him being the one with the most info on MX in the past.

"The world would be a better place if everyone kayaked."-Brad Ludden (Valhalla)
"You only get one chance to run a drop blind."-DD
COUNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006   #3
Knife Fork of the Spoon Paddling Since: 1984
Try mad Max at I think he is more central but might have some beta on Mex. I was just in Oaxaca for a few weeks. Did not paddle just chilled but there are some grass root raft companies starting up. Political BS was way heavy. Tons to explore have a blast
Fuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006   #4
Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1984
Shoot me PM with your email and I'll get you some info. Go ahead and order a copy of Robey's Gringo's Guide as well; he's put a bunch of GPS coordinates in with the descriptions that will be very helpful.

Talk to cosurfgod- he's a Durangotan and putting a trip together as well.
El Flaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006   #5
the rio alseseca in veracruz is amazing, it runs most of the year and has 30+ quality drops. Go to tlapacoyan and find jorge he lives in la pamilla by the filobobos and waites for people to come and paddle with him. we just ran it and it was very nice. I will post a trip report if i can figure out how to post pictures from a slow internet cafe.
BrianK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006   #6
Myself and 3 other buddies are going to Oaxacca (sp?) in one week from tomorrow. We are flying into Huatulco and have a shuttle guy arranged for $80-$100, which includes his truck and gas. We have been getting a lot of infomation from Grant Armaral, Idaho whitewater guidebook author and veteran mexico boater. He said that the whitewater runs in Oaxacca are the best and closest together making for maximum time spent boating without tons of travelling once you get there. He has a great web site whith some info and pictures. You can e mail me at after october 26 and I will back from my trip and will personally have more information. How are you planning on getting your boats down there?
dmarbarger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006   #7
Agua Azul !!! 500 falls from III-VI in 3 miles of multi channeled river, and Palenque is a nice town with one of the best archeological sites in Mexico,other rivers in the area. It's more difficult logistically,but worth it,nearest airports Villahermosa or Tuxtla Guitterrez probably a hassle with boats.
Too bad about the problems in Oaxaca,one of the nicest cities in Mexico.If you are on the coast for Copalita and Zimatan,Puerto Escondido is not far,my favorite beach town with world class surf.
Veracruz best bet for outfitters ,boat rentals ,,etc.,good creekin' and river running.Veracruz and Jalapa= fun cities ,Jalcomulco anbd Tlapocoyan= boaters hubs.

cayo is offline   Reply With Quote