Mountain Buzz banner

Creekboat Advice

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  DeLiSh 
#1 ·
I am currently paddling a Y, looking to get a new creekboat. I was looking into getting a used Java or the Huka. Any suggestions?

#4 ·
Guess I will just demo the Java and the Huck. Sounds like the Huka is a piece of crap, very cheaply constructed. I just saw a previous post that gave some good beta on BlissStick, bad company.
I will come into Confluence soon and try those boats out.
Thanks!

#5 ·
The Java has a planing hull and rails - it's much like a smaller, more refined version of the Y. If you're not that big, it would be a good switch. You could also check out the CFS and Mamba. The Embudo also has a flat hull, as does the H3.

If you like more med-high volume pushy stuff, then I'd shy away from the Huck. If, like me, you thrive on technical low-volume stuff, the Huck is hard to beat.

FWIW

#6 ·
In regards to the hucka being "A piece of crap" That is totally not true. Great Boat. Now adays creek boats are being constructed for more specific uses. For example the Hucka and the Huck are really great for tight tech and steep where as other boats like the Mac, Diesel and the Guss is great for higher volume creeks. You just have to decide what your cup of tea is. IMO the Java blows! Slow Tuggy and alot of work to paddle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.