Old 05-06-2005   #1
Jackson, Wyoming
Paddling Since: 94
Send a message via Yahoo to Gary E

Just a heads up,the bible will sell out this year with no plans to reprint it..I believe there are under a thousand left,so don't get caught with a destroyed mangled one for your only book...I remember when the first one sold out and everyone was screaming,so heres your warning...

Gary E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005   #2
Benefits Administrator

akahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005   #3
placerville, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1993
crc3? tons of new creeks to add.....
steven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005   #4
ditto of steven,awhile ago i compiled a list of at least30 or 40 Colorado and Mew Mexico runs not in the book,ranging from urban beginner to hairball 1st d's.I don't know if the authors are interested in a 3rd edition,but maybe they would do it with more contributers if people documented good beta.If not we can do it online,or both.
My sources include posts on this site,videos, info from other guide books and web sites,revisited run from 1st edition,word of mouth, magazines,and personal experience.Obviously everything will need confirmation,a fun and worthy project.
cayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005   #5
Mad Scientist/Creeker
Not that anyone could every replace the bible (quite possibly the best guidebook for any sport to any geographic area), but will continue to add runs to it's online guidebook under the rivers section. Interested parties should send river descriptions and/pics to or submit them through the site. There are plenty of runs left to document and as it has been noted it is a monumental task.
Have fun with it and if you think you know more about your backyard stretch than anyone else, step up and be the one to document it. It will benefit the entire community.

Evan J. Stafford
Tim T. Hawkins
RiverWrangler is offline   Reply With Quote