Old 04-11-2009   #11
Don glad you liked the video...I was a little stiff paddling. I had a recent minor back injury that has taken a little flexibility out of me for who nows how long.

When I said it was the best river runner or creeker I had paddled...well key word it I...I am speaking from my experiences. That video was shot as moderate flows with some rock grinding and the diesels haul chines did not bother me. I if was a drift creeker I would not like the boat...but I am not I drive my boat through rapids and the design is fast and works well for my style.

The whitewater kayak industry is competitive which makes for really good designs or just good marketing that polishes a turd so that it will sell. If I was going to buy a kayak this year I would actually try the pyrannha boats as well because they have very polished looking designs as well... from the hardware, lines, outfitting and "usually" that equals better performance.

When I am not kayaking....

If skateboarding it would have been a acid drop...this is a LSD drop or bomb drop.

Stride Stand Up Paddleboards "Tough enough for the river"
Erase The Trace Waterway Ethic "Stand Up And Make A Differance"
skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009   #12
pnw, Washington
Originally Posted by Don View Post
Luke both the guys throwing the tissy paddle Pyrahna and would not have said crap if you were praising the Burn. New boats look great.
A tissy? Hardly, didnt call anyone a liar or any other bold statement. Simply stated that I am skeptical and I still am. I have paddled a Diesel as well and I think the old design is a solid boat and cool if its even better now. On top of that I enjoyed the video but most people talk about the location, partners and what a great day it is. This however looks like a boat promotional video and yes I do paddle a Burn and a Jackson SuperStar if we are looking for full disclosure but sponsored by no one.

"Yesterday I was clever and tried to change the world. Today I am wise and try to change myself." -Rumi
gh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009   #13
Glad you like the video. I usually would talk about the location but alot of the local boaters don't want anyone talking about it because access is sensitive because the put in is on nature conservancy land. That is why I didn't put the name of the creek in the video and I didn't post the name in the post.

I paddle that creek all the time, but this was the first time I had paddled that boat so I mentioned my option about it. I was stoked on how the boat performed so I mentioned it.

Really it is not what kayak you is how you paddle it.

Stride Stand Up Paddleboards "Tough enough for the river"
Erase The Trace Waterway Ethic "Stand Up And Make A Differance"
skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote