Skiing & Boarding
Want Ads
Industry Jobs
Place an Ad

Old 07-12-2011   #1

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
Countdown to Bailey Fest!

2nd Annual Bailey Fest is Aug 13/14 this year!

T-minus 32 days and counting!

Last year was a great time, and this year I've got some improvements to make the weekend even more fun.

We will have a takeout party at the Bailey takeout on saturday starting around 2PMish with free beer and BBQ. Bailey takeout is at Pine Valley Ranch Park. I've secured overnight parking permits at pine valley ranch park for campers to avoid a Sunday AM shuttle.

New for this year is a riverside camping spot at a meadow on private land right along the north fork near Bailey. All boaters are welcome to camp there during the fest. I'm asking for a $10 per head camping donation to cover insurance and weed spraying work I did on the meadow. Saturday night campground party should be a good time as well. Got a few tricks up my sleeve for some campground party fun.

Bailey Fest is sponsored by American Whitewater, Jackson Kayaks, Confluence Kayaks, Whitewater Tube Company, and Oskar Blues Brewery.

Bailey Fest is a non-profit grassroots event celebrating whitewater recreation on the North Fork of the South Platte . Its the first event of its kind in Colorado centered around a coordinated release of water from Denver Water.

Whitewater runs in the area are:
-Bailey - Excellent class IV/V creeking on a colorado classic
-Foxton - Fun intermediate class III/IV run
-Waterton - Fun intermediate class III/IV run with a short hike
-Deckers - Class II/III beginner run

We had a great turnout last year, and its the boaters that show up that make the event a success. Hoping to see you all there!

Poster, maps, directions etc will be online shortly.

Old 07-12-2011   #2

Denver, Colorado
Stoke with some pics from last year....
Supermax!

Bottom of Supermax

Bailey Scenery on the paddle out with the crew

Old 07-12-2011   #3
Spits Hot Fire

N. Cascades, Washington
Ah, god quit posting such bright and sunny sweet pics! Ol Flowtorch is movin to the PNW and going to miss these days. This will be one of my last hootenanny's. And Big South.

Yo Ian, how am I getting back to the campsite after getting wicked pisser @ the takeout party?
Old 07-12-2011   #4

Denver, Colorado
Getting back to the campground... Good question. Its going to be a bit of a shuttle clusterfuck. We can leave up to 20 vehicles at the takeout overnight to have shuttle set for sun AM. Plan is to shuttle back up to the campground after the takeout BBQ. I'm hoping that folks can manage their own drinking and shuttles to make it to the campground safely. Bailey Fest has a strict ethic of leaving no drunk boaters behind, so we will find a way to get you up to the campground.

Camping Overview Pic

Camping Closeup
Old 07-12-2011   #5
Front Range Swim Team

FRST, Colorado
Ian... fuckin-a you are the man with this fest. If it is half as good as last year it will kick major ass.

Can I get an AMEN!?
Old 07-12-2011   #6
Boof it like you stole it

G-wood Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1997
Hallelujah!

Amen brotha, Amen!
Old 07-15-2011   #7

Denver, Colorado
AMEN!

29 days and counting! Hoping the Utah, Wyoming, and New Mexico folks will make it this year too.

I've gotten a couple questions and offers about help for this year's event. I do need some help.

Last year I kept it pretty loose and got help from folks at the BBQ as needed. Key to success was getting one guy to man the grill, and getting a several folks to help prep food. If you want to help out at the BBQ party, PM me or show up around 2PM ish and offer to give a hand.

Also, we will have some free beer at the campground party, but otherwise it will be bring your own party. Bring a little extra to share and we will have a great time.

There will be a bathroom at the campground, but it will be leave no trace camping. If you have a firepan, bring it (PM me if you are going to bring it). I'd like to rig up a couple of fire pans side by side to have a good campfire unless someone has a better idea for a big firepan.

Come to Bailey Fest and have a great time and share your 2011 high water stories!
Old 07-19-2011   #8

Denver, Colorado
25 days and counting...

Last year, lots of boaters got on Bailey for the first time. I'd love to see that happen again. I won't have anything specifically planned to take new boaters down, but I'm hoping the boating community takes care of it like they did last year.

Looking forward to Bailey Fest!

Aug 13/14, 2011
Old 07-19-2011   #9

B.F.E., Wyoming
At least 1 Will be coming down from the good ol 307. Cant wait Ian! You're the man for getting this all set up!
Old 07-19-2011   #10

Denver, Colorado
Cool! Bring the WY crew down!

Hoping we get critical mass for an inspired camp party sat night.

Tags
bailey