Old 07-25-2013   #51
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
Awesome Spencer. Might as well block out the 2nd weekend in August for the next 20 years just to be safe.

And now for the daily stoke!
I picked up a couple of kayak stackers from Rack Attack in Denver yesterday. Big props to Rack Attack for supporting Bailey Fest! These guys are cool, they have competitive prices, and they have all the rack and hitch equipment you need. Also, Matt from Rack attack told me that the Denver store is having a used item garage sale on saturday starting at 8am. If you are looking for a deal on rack equipment go check it out. Roof Racks at Rack Attack - Thule Rack, Yakima Rack: bike, ski, kayak, cargo

Also, a word in general on sponsors. Bailey Fest sponsors are trusted gear manufacturers, local shops, beer brewers, and paddlers businesses. Bailey Fest sponsors generously donate gear and services to help make the Fest what it is. Without sponsors, entrance price to Bailey Fest would be triple what it is (currently $20 per person), so everyone who attends Bailey Fest directly benefits from our sponsors generosity. Sponsor gear is used as prizes for the foamie race, which is a significant portion of Bailey Fest's revenue. I also use sponsor donated gear to compensate volunteers for their hard work. These sponsors don't just give stuff away for free, they want to know that they are getting some return on their investment. I would encourage everyone who attends Bailey Fest to try and thank our sponsors directly by supporting them and letting them know that you appreciate their support for Bailey Fest. Bailey Fest website has links to all the sponsors pages too. Send them an email telling them you appreciate it.

Also, still spots open for the Stookesberry creeking clinic. See a couple posts above for details.

Paddled Bailey yesterday evening after work. Hauling ass, minimal eddies, just me and one of my best paddling buddies. Love it! Such a good run, so much fun, so beautiful, what a gem. Looking forward to rallying Bailey with 300 of my paddling buddies in two weeks!

deepsouthpaddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013   #52
Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Bailey Fest is like kayaker heaven. They turn on the water for you, you camp right on the river, the beer is always flowing, rafters and kayakers get along, huge takeout party... just plain good living.

SO...about the clinic...This may be obvious, put will the clinic will take place while running Bailey? I'm stoked to hear about this because I've tried to do creeking clinics with LOG, but it's never worked out...water too high...water too low.....BUT since Bailey is kayaker heaven...the flow will be guaranteed perf!

"You know that old trees just grow stronger and old rivers grow wilder, everyday..."
ednaout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013   #53
Jackson, Wyoming
Paddling Since: 94
Send a message via Yahoo to Gary E
Ed-Yes, we will be paddling Bailey for the clinic.

Gary E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013   #54
Denver, Colorado
Friday stoke! Bailey Fest is ready to rock. Finishing up the last minute details and I am fired up!

Marty Cronin is the annual MVP at Bailey Fest since he is the man with the connection that gets us the Oskar Blues sponsorship. Huge props to Marty and Oskar Blues for bringing Bailey Fest awesome beer thats brewed in Colorado. I love an ice cold takeout beer after paddling bailey, and anyone that paddles with me knows that I ALWAYS have beer at the takeout. Bailey Fest is really just an extension of my normal paddling habits, except I'll be bringing about 600 beers to the takeout party instead of the standard 12. My golden rule is always bring enough in case an unexpected friend shows up and is thristy. I'm banking on a couple hundred friends being really thirsty at Bailey Fest.

If you are reading this and you aren't already committed to coming out, what are you waiting for? Gauranteed water on a fantastic run when almost everythind else is dry. Incredible camping on a private meadow along the river. The sickest class V foamie creek race on the planet. Beer flowing. Band rocking. Ben Stookesberry's new badass movie. Deerhammer distilling providing hammering sauce. Four Falls victory bash. Takeout party. Bootie Beer Battle. Come on down!!! Looking forward to seeing everyone there.
Old 07-26-2013   #55
Denver,, exhaustion
Fine. :\

You talked me into it. I guess I'll come.
"We should restore the practice of dueling. It might improve manners around here" -Edward Abbey
adgeiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013   #56
Denver, Colorado
Glad you are coming. I'm gonna start twisting arms next week.

Just got off the phone with Marty and we are planning on 6 kegs and 25 cases of beer from Oskar Blues, who absolutely rules! Thats about 1600 beers! Hell yeah. We will tap a couple of kegs friday night to get the party started. Saturday we will have cans in the ice chest at the takeout party. Saturday night we will tap the other 4 kegs and have Lenny from Deerhammer Distilling pouring some of their fantastic spirits. The whitewater whiskey was awesome last year!
Old 07-26-2013   #57
Seattle, Washington
Paddling Since: 1999
Send a message via AIM to JCKeck1
Sweet! Gary is coming! Somebody bring a foosball table so I can win some money!
JCKeck1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013   #58
Denver, Colorado
T minus 11 days and counting!

Reminder: No Dogs at Bailey Fest. Landowners rule. You will be asked to leave if you bring a dog to the campground (or asked to find a place other than Bailey Fest for the dog). Sorry.

Other reminder: Bailey Fest is going to be awesome!!!!

See you there!
Old 07-30-2013   #59
Mountains on the river!!!, Idaho
Paddling Since: 2002
Anyone have a spare sherpa or powerhouse they might bring with? I'm flying in a don't have room to bring a paddle. Beer provided of course! PM me please!
ski_kayak365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013   #60
Denver, Colorado
Just got a custom Kokatat Dry Top from Ten Mile Creek Kayaks for their sponsor donation to Bailey Fest. Big thanks to Matti and Ten Mile Creek Kayaks for supporting Bailey Fest! I really appreciate it. You Rule!

If you are like me, you probably have no chance at winning or placing in any kayaking race or competition ever. Thats why you need to make sure you sign up for the only competition where everyone has an equal chance... The Supermax Showdown! Simply put, its the grarliest class V foamie creek race on the planet. I've got a massive pile of prizes. Big prizes for the final 8, and a ton of prizes for folks that get knocked out in the first two rounds. Everyone wins in the Supermax Showdown!

Josh, worst case scenario I got a beater werner shogun that you can use. Its been heavily damaged on SSV, but its epoxied up and should be able to handle Bailey if no one else has a better paddle.