Old 08-11-2013   #131
Shit Creek, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Only able to make it up for Sunday again. Had a great time. A little to slow into the wave hole after the move left and the initial drop on steep 3 led to a flip. Bounced the new helmet the Mrs got for me off several rocks on it's first river trip. Took one small hit to the eye in the same flip and will have a little shiner for a few days. No swim thank goodness. Can't wait for next year. Hopefully my old pal Murphy won't jack with my vacation time 2 weeks before Bailey Fest next year.
Thanks a lot to Ian Foley for making this happen.

Speak of Peace, (but carry a big gun)
powdahound76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013   #132
Hood River, Oregon
Paddling Since: 2163
Stars over the Fest. Awesome time, thanks Ian!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	891A1864 (1).jpg
Views:	137
Size:	183.3 KB
ID:	6852  

David Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013   #133
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
Wow! We did it again... Bailey Fest was a full success. Great flows of 430-450 all weekend. Folks came from all over, about 200 camping sat night. Ben Stookesberry's movie was awesome. Chrispy's band rocked and we had a great time. Thanks to all that came down to celebrate! Thanks to out sponsors and volunteers too.

Shirts sold out. If you would like to order one I am making a second printing of shirts. Send me a check for $20 and I will put a shirt in the mail to you. Contact me on the bailey fest website contact form for details.

Great to see you all, I had a great time! See you next year! T minus 363 days and counting til Bailey Fest 5!
deepsouthpaddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013   #134
My wife told me to pass along her thanks as well. She had a great time with me in the tandem IK on Foxton. 450 is a really fun level for the ducky on that stretch.

Pass along our thanks to Denver Water. Very cool that they're willing to coordinate with you on flows. I think those were the best flows of the season on the NFSP?

I appreciate all the ongoing updates throughout the summer as well on tunnel releases.
spthomson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013   #135
Denver,, exhaustion
Work sucks.

I wanna still be at bailey fest.
"We should restore the practice of dueling. It might improve manners around here" -Edward Abbey
adgeiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013   #136
Indian Hills, Colorado
Best Baileyfest Ever. So who won the fest this year, as in who had the most fun? Gavin sure looked happy sitting there in that eddy below the hourglass.
DanOrion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013   #137
Denver, Colorado
This was my first time down Bailey and predictably then, my first Bailey Fest. I had a blast and want to thank all the organizers for their hard work.
Ka-Pow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013   #138
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2008
Maybe a little late to ask, but was there a photo competition this year? World Kayak put one together last year and I got some sweet gear out of it. I'd love to enter again this year if there is a link out there?

Thanks Ian for all the hard work!
piobeyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013   #139
longmont, Colorado
My doctor told me today I produce too much adrenalin. Good thing Bailey Fest is only once a year! Once again another awesome weekend at the fest!
huck it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013   #140
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1993
So I went to see if they turned off the tunnel after the fest, and RiverBrain's got Bailey running at -999cfs, so I guess that's a yes.

Great job Ian--bestest fest yet!

I've a suggestion to keep you all occupied...learn to swim!
Roy is offline   Reply With Quote