Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Kayaking

Old 06-02-2005   #1
surrounded by mountains, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1981
could there be a forward 1 1/2 loop in our future?

The upper Salida hole is working so well that I have seen some incredibly high and clean air loops which hint of the possibility of a 1 1/2 loop. The little boats can't pop enough (though they easily do retentive doubles), but we've witnessed a Super Star (pilot to remain in the pro-deal protection program) cleanly horizontal some 6 feet above the pile and somewhat over rotated upon reentry. Who will be the first to lunar launch and jackknife their body so hard as to accomplish a tail landing? Would that actually result in a double loop? Might we see it in this year's compitition? It seems the stakes have been raised. Play parks, specialized boat designs, and the pro-athletes have yet to stop dreaming of the potential of our sport. Same goes for the Creekers. I recall discussing a class VI rapid, which we were portaging in the Black Canyon 15 years ago, about how someday when the Hover-Yak 2000 was designed we would conquer it. I'm sure its had its cherry popped since then. It was tempting in a Crossfire in those days. WHAT A GREAT ERA WE ARE IN WITH THE NEW EQUIPMENT. ANYTHING SEEMS POSSIBLE.

The park is green, the holes are working, the chicks are smokin' hot, and starting TWO WEEKS FROM TODAY the frothy beer and jammin' music will be flowin' like the river. SEE YOU ALL AT FIBArk!!! www.fibark.com

Ken Vanatta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005   #2
Arvada, 80003
Paddling Since: 2002
we all think we have seen some big loops in our day. I probably would have lost it if i saw these in person. http://www.jacksonkayak.com/jkstorie...icle=200506011
TheKid is offline   Reply With Quote