Old 09-06-2005   #11
Evergreen, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1991
I just dont know if water world would be all that cool to be honest. I dont think anything is deep enough for it to be fun.

I would pay for a membership to a place like this.... think of the fact too that if it were indoors you could have sessions well into the wee hours.

benrodda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005   #12
Thought-criminal, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Posts: 989 if my wife needed another reason to divorce me.

I hope in the future Americans are thought of as a warlike, vicious people, because I bet a lot of high schools would pick "Americans" as their mascot. -Jack Handy
BastrdSonOfElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005   #13
Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001
I have put alot of thought in this idea. Run it like a ski resort, big hotel, resturaunts and season passes. A large circular pool with tow to the top. Five to ten features highligting a real spot across the world. Have it begin with a super clean (for the masses) 10' waterfall followed by the New River Dries wave, Super Wave, Salida Hole, Lachine, Zambezi get the point all with great eddy service.

A huge circulating pool with a hot tub and a bar in the center. A one time large use of water and then you just need enough water to keep it filled. Boat shops with rentals, a cantina and other things they have at Vail. If Coors can build a stadium they could sponsor there own boating resort.

I would agree that it has to be indoors and in Denver. People would come and train from all over the country and keep the hotels filled. Season passes for $350 and $55 for a day pass. I would and alot others would travel there at least a couple times a winter and fall and if done correctly alot more. I pay way more than that ski all over the west. Keep it open until midnight and have a life guard just like the water parks. Frontranger could get off work and surf all night.

Damn, what a tease!
Creek Boaters Like Tight Boxes
cosurfgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005   #14
I'm right 50% of the time
Paddling Since: 1977
It's been done already. Mind you, not for the mountain set, but the Surf scene in CA. Check out for the bruticus maximus. here is another review
brendodendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005   #15
Arvada, 80003
Paddling Since: 2002
Man that stuff doesn't count. You can't do anything on it. It's about .25 inches deep. You can't do anything on it. I wish to god that you could
TheKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005   #16
A full recirculating kayak course like in Athens is real expensive. How about a wave pool instead? You should be able to make the wave large enough to be interesting. I've seen video of those in the US somewhere.
cstork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005   #17
large pool at bottom, small one on top, 2-3 seperate channels, one for teaching/learning circles the outside with mellow features, one steeper with more aggressive features, maybe a creek channel with waterfal options on the side, ability to change the features around... Pumps, conveyor belt, a big hanger type structure, retail, school, race program, mid winter rodeos, swiftwater training for boaters & rescue teams, climbing wall, ropes coarse, teambuilding programs... run it like a rock gym... heat it with passive solar, flatwater lap channel around the whole thing. Without a constant inflow of water its gonna take a whole lot of chlorine..
wrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005   #18
Monroe, Utah
Paddling Since: 1990
I too would love to kayak all winter. I do as much as I can anyway. Ice and all, but I would hope we wouldn't be the cause of having to build more dams or power plants to pump our "fun" water. One reason I choose to skin up the slopes instead of ride isn't only because I'm cheep, but I hate for the earth to have to put out more resources to move my fat butt so I can play.
Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005   #19
Pueblo, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Send a message via MSN to Logan
here is a small verzion of the waves you are looking for
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005   #20
Arvada, 80003
Paddling Since: 2002
I want one of those in my backyard. That would be sick. I wish that the wave was taller and deeper. I'm not sure if you could do anything but spin on those waves. But if i ever get one you are all invited to a clean spin competition

TheKid is offline   Reply With Quote