Old 07-20-2004   #1
Cottonwood hot springs beta?

How nice is Cottonwood Hot Springs? Is it a good place to stay while paddling the Ark? How crowded does it get?

How nice are the rooms?

stiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004   #2
nice pools, never tried the rooms. looked cozy enough tho.

redbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004   #3
The next zone, .
My house is located at the cottonwood hot springs and here is my opinion

The regular pools are good this time of year but the pools down on the creek are still washed out - clothing optional after dark (it seems as if only older fat white men like to go naked or at least they wander through the parking lot more ) - the rooms are pretty bare boned but clean and they do rent a couple of tent sites and they have a couple of cabins that they rent out for the night(s) - The water has been getting very hot at my house (103+right out of the ground) so the same has to be true at Cottonwood - 6 miles from BV - as far as crowds Friday and Sat night the parking lot is full but the rest of the week there is almost nobody there -

Finally the people that run the Cottonwood are letting people stay in the pools very late so most nights you can soak until 4 am -

I hope that this helps you out -
Jahve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004   #4
Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
I stayed there a few years back. "Rustic" is how I'd describe the lodgings though they may have done some remodel work since then - call and ask or check things out before paying. The pools are stone lined and vary in temperature. The creek's right there to cool off in. Its a great place to soak.

I'd recommend it for anyone but the type of folks I refer to as the "sanitized-for-your-protection" people. Its really great to be able to haul yourself out of the hot spring pools and then go right to bed. I've seen it with moderate crowds but it all depends on when you're there (holiday vs weekend vs weekday, etc.).

Nothing in the world is more yielding and gentle than water. Yet it has no equal for conquering the resistant and tough. The flexible can overcome the unbending; the soft can overcome the hard. - Lao Tse
Andy H. is offline   Reply With Quote