Mountain Buzz banner

Cost to Build Whitewater Parks

Tags
ark
2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  ebaker 
#1 ·
I am trying to find the cost of building the C/D holes in Steamboat and the Greenriver park. Does anyone have this information. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Zach.

#2 ·
All the parks I know of have been in the neighborhood of $500,000-$1,500,000. I think the new one in Riverdale Ut. is going to be about $500,000, but the Reno one was about $1.5 mill. I think!!

#3 ·
Call Steamboat Park and Recreation Department. The cost of the hole is proportional to the size of the river and the circumstances involved. For example the Lyons Whitewater Park is on a section of river that peaks at 750 cfs. We built 8 structures and did tons of bank work for around $120,000. Costs actually increase exponentially as the structure gets wider.

#4 ·
The original construction of the D-Hole, just downstream of the C Hole, cost about $17,000. The city supplied $7,000 and the Friends of the Yampa River supplied a comparable amount of cash. Native Excavating donated significant services to the project, and the Sheraton Steamboat donated much of the rock.

The D Hole was washed-out and the city of Steamboat footed the reconstruction bill, but the cost of reconstruction was lower -- between $3,000 and $4,000.

Designer Gary Lacy stood behind his design and he provided his services for the rebuilding of the D-Hole at no additional charge.

I don't know about the C Hole, but it couldn't have been musch different and it didn't get nearly as worked with high water.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.