Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Kayaking

Old 08-28-2007   #1
Coming Home! Paramedic looking for a good place to work in Co

Hey yall, so this post goes out to any paramedics or health care professionals who might be able to suggest a good service/place to live/work in Co. Ill be moving from Asheville NC and am looking for a good 911 provider in an affordable area. Now i know these areas aren't too money friendly but i have been looking into Summit County Ambulance service and Pride Mark on the front range. Any ideas, tips, people to call would be greatly apperciated. I will be graduating from Paramedic school in May so a busy 911 service is probably going to sound more apealing. The county i work in right now does about 27,000 calls a year. Any ideas would be great, thanks.
Eric S.
Team JK

huckit21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007   #2
eagle, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Not cheap and not as busy as Ashville, but a great organization. Check out Eagle County Ambulace District (echsd.org). Located in eastern Eagle County, Vail. PM me and I can give you contact info and more info if you're interested.

flyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007   #3
Horserump, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1975
Try Fort Collins

Check out Poudre Valley Hospital ambulance service. Covers the urban core, and on up into the hills. A wide variety of call types and I don't think the pay's too bad. Housing is reasonable and the Poudre is a great river.
Good luck in your hunt.
yak1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007   #4
pnw, Washington
come to the springs, lots of stigmata cases
"Yesterday I was clever and tried to change the world. Today I am wise and try to change myself." -Rumi
gh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007   #5
Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001
Oh, that was GOOD! Stigmata in the Springs... along with weeping statues and meth snorting homophobic homosexual fundie wackjobs. You, my friend, live in a parallel universe. How do you manage?

Originally Posted by gh View Post
come to the springs, lots of stigmata cases
DurangoSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007   #6
C. Springs, Colorado
Salida is building a new medical facility
caverdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007   #7
pnw, Washington
Thanks, its always interesting to live here but you know most people struggle to find someone to abuse, Texans, Tourists, Californians. For me its easy I just look out the window.
"Yesterday I was clever and tried to change the world. Today I am wise and try to change myself." -Rumi
gh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007   #8
Winter Park, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
Check out Grand County EMS - they're always looking for quality folks - it's a bit more affordable than Summit County, but hurry - they're building like cuh-razy around here! (970) 887-2732

P.S. Check out: winterparklifestyle.com to view MLS property listingsolorado & Grand County Real Estate Website
CWorthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007   #9
Indian Hills, Colorado
Just my 0.02 Summit may look like a busy district but the fact is that most of their transports come from the ski mountain and are not acute emergencies. Vail is the same way but they have I70 running through their district which keeps them busier than summit. Pridemark is a great system, it is divided into two sections. One is boulder and surrounding areas and the other is westminster, arvada and other surrounding areas. I have worked/ gone to school with medics and emt's from Grand county and were not impressed at all.

I would suggest Denver Paremedics. I have no connection to them but know that they provide good care. They were in the news awhile back for some unproffesional actions, but that has been addressed. They see way more medical and trauma than anyone in the state. Denver is great place to live and you can excape the city within minutes.
crane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007   #10
e-town, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1998
Eagle county health service district... pretty good pay.

liquidchaos is offline   Reply With Quote