Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Kayaking

Old 08-29-2007   #11
thanks for all the advice, and please keep it coming. A busy service is something that is important coming straight out of school. I am also interested in getting involved with ski patrol at paramedic level so access to a resort would be nice. So far, Pridemark is looking like my best option. Still open for more great suggestions. Thanks

Team JK

huckit21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007   #12
Westminster, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
The Denver Health medics are definately the busiest and see the most trauma (I think ~80,000 calls/year with ~45,000 transports). They work 4 10's a week, dual paramedic rigs (alternate driving/attending), and have a lot of continuing ed with the training program at Denver Health.
If you're just looking for a job, Rural/Metro runs on a Kelly schedule so you get paid to sleep and lots of days off - but Aurora Fire is medical direction, so on the really cool calls the FD medic will take the lead.

Good luck with the job hunt

asleep.at.the.oars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007   #13
V for Victory
9300ft, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Send a message via AIM to SummitAP
May I suggest Clear Creek EMS? I-70 and no such thing as an interfacility or a short transport time.

DG (DH) is the ultimate high volume service.

Summit is hard to get in on.

If you are Fire/EMS type... West Metro Fire runs 48/96 and transports their 911s... they pay well too

Eagle (east) and Summit do NOT count as affordable areas. Grand does not count as affordable when you consider what Grand pays (unless you want to live in the boonies) + Grand ALS does a LOT of interfacilities. West Eagle is slower and affordable, but good luck getting on that service.

Originally Posted by crane View Post
Just my 0.02 Summit may look like a busy district but the fact is that most of their transports come from the ski mountain and are not acute emergencies. Vail is the same way but they have I70 running through their district which keeps them busier than summit.
I-70 runs through Summit County too

SummitAP is offline   Reply With Quote