Old 11-20-2013   #1
golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1997
Come join me in Uganda this February!

Hey guys and ladies, I'm finally doing what I've been talking about for years...I actually talked with several of you about this last winter: Running an instructional trip on the White Nile. This has been my all-time favorite winter freestyle destination and I've been there four times now. It's a big-water tropical paradise. It's also worth knowing that plans seem to be moving forward with a dam project that will sadly likely destroy this section of river in the next 3-5 years. So if you've ever thought about going, this is a good opportunity to get it while you can. Dates are Feb 2-15, with the current exchange rate, pricing is around $1,435 USD plus airfare. Come play!

I'm running this through Kayak The Nile. More info here, or just message me directly with any questions
Stephen Wright

love it live it - White Nile Kayaking Trip

stephenwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013   #2
Pucon Chile Paddling Since: 1990
Kayak School owner testimony

As the director of Huge Experiences kayak camps, high school and study abroad programs and owner of Pucon Kayak Hostel I have worked closely with and contracted Stephen Wright as a coach over the past six years. I can easily say I wish he were coaching for my programs at this exact moment.
While, most kayakers know Stephen as an excellent ambassador and athlete they may not understand his dedication to personalized instruction.
If you are a boater looking to improve your freestyle skills then you can trust that the combination of Stephen on the White Nile may be the world's best option for learning in a safe environment. He's got the experience to observe you and help you adjust and improve your skills in a short period.
I looked at the cost of this 13 day program at $us1435. First, as a leader of all-inclusive programs this price point is underpriced. Typical, going rates for all-inclusive programs with quality coaching is $2,000 for 10 days and it goes up from there. Thus, as a friend and supporter of both Stephen and Emily and Sam with Kayak the Nile I wanted to take a moment to illustrate the real value in this program. Giraffes, elephants, warm smooth waves, Stephen Wright coaching and persona... If you have the time then I highly recommend beginning your flight research to Uganda.

Note- this was not a solicited endorsement. If you know Stephen and the folks at Kayak the Nile you'd certainly agree.

David Hughes
Director- Patagonia Study Abroad
Owner- Pucon Kayak Hostel
gohuge is offline   Reply With Quote