Old 08-10-2005   #1
Colorado Springs vs Pueblo

I had a discussion a while back with someone from Pueblo. Pueblo is seeking a court order for Colorado Springs to stop dumping sewage. To remind you this is down stream from the play park. The play park is not effected. :P

chadmckenzie26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005   #2
Ummm....lets think. Raw sewage being dumped (accidently or not) into a river regardless of what is downstream is absolutely inexcusable. The 'opps, we're really sorry' attitude that Colorado Springs city council has had about it is sickening. I dont think this is the first time Springs did this either. But its okay to shit on those uneducated farmers and steel-workers in Pueblo...literally

Stone-Free is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005   #3
Thought-criminal, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
How the hell do they get away with that? I feel bad...some of those turds floating downstream are mine.

I think there's one solution..throw the council members in the river with the shit.
I hope in the future Americans are thought of as a warlike, vicious people, because I bet a lot of high schools would pick "Americans" as their mascot. -Jack Handy
BastrdSonOfElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005   #4
e-town, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1998
over here at 970 the turds are at least going to utah...
liquidchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005   #5
I read this morning that the Sierra Club is in the mix now for a piece of the action against CO Springs dumping sewage in the river. The City of Pueblo wants to sue the Springs for damages and clean-up costs, and I hope they break it off in the azz of those pompous CO Springs poons.

BTW, those 719 turds are going to Kansas....
Stone-Free is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005   #6
This has gone on for years and years. I'm so glad our city is finally defending itself. Unfortunately it took a spill of over 317,000 gallons of raw sewage for someone to finally do something.

Colorado Springs has 'dumped' on Pueblo for decades and I don't just mean on the Fountain. Quite frankly we're getting sick of it. (No offense to any of you!)

Check out this article. Make sure you scroll all the way down to the bottow to check out the data. Notice that only spills involving more that 25,000 gallons are recorded there. How disgusting is that?

Now let me tell you this. It's not just that Springs is dumping on Pueblo that infuriates us so's that Springs wants to build this SDS Pipeline to pump water to their city above the Fountain confluence because it would be 'an inconvience' and would 'cost so much more' if the pipeline was built below the Fountain as they would be forced to clean up their mess. Believe me when I say all of Pueblo is campaigning for the pipeline to be placed below the confluence. It's only fair. Here's another interesting read about that for you all:

A lot of Puebloans, and I'll admit myself as well, have stopped supporting Springs businesses because of the 'big bully' feeling that has been placed on us by the Co. Springs government. And that's not Springs or to Pueblo. Something needs to be done.
whitewater wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005   #7
Sounds like a toxic waste site. 60 million gallons spilled? How do they get a way with that? I agree with Pueblo they should have to drink it.
chadmckenzie26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005   #8
pnw, Washington
Colo Spgs had a big flood and it overran their system. The infastructure in this town is crap. I have no idea where the tax money goes.
gh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005   #9
About that SDS pipieline. I agree that they should start it BELOW the fountain creek pipeline.

I have always felt, (even when I was living in Co. Springs), that If ALL cities were forced to pull out their drinking water downstream of their sewage treatment plants, the rivers and stream in this state/country would be SO MUCH cleaner, voluntarily!

Since all of Co.Springs "cleaned-up" sewage water goes into Fountain Creek, forcing them to recycle it for drinking water is a great idea.

If their normal discharges are at the "safe levels" they claim, then they shouldn't have any problem drinking it a 2nd time. (3rd, 4th, 5th.....)

ps.... I live and work in Fremont County, along the Ark, so regardless, CO. Springs will be drinking my crap! In fact, I think I'll go piss in the river right now---oh wait, no, I'll hold it until the pipeline is built.
"So in two seconds, away we went, a sliding down the river, and it did seem so good to be free again and all by ourselves on the big river and nobody to bother us." -Mark Twain (The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn)
Ed Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005   #10
pnw, Washington
Thanks Ed.....your a giver

gh is offline   Reply With Quote