Old 02-09-2007   #11
I've been fortunate enough to see a few pages of the new guide, and it is definitely worth waiting for. If you're only getting one guidebook this year save your money for Kyle and Evan's. Huge props to those guys for making it happen.

doublet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007   #12
Mad Scientist/Creeker
"Kyle's" book... will be on the shelves in early May.

RiverWrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007   #13
Seattle, Washington
Paddling Since: 1999
Send a message via AIM to JCKeck1
Hah, seriously. Thank god Kyle is writing a book. And I'm glad someone out there knows when Kyle's book will be out!
JCKeck1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007   #14
Boulder, Jackson Kayak, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Send a message via Skype™ to thecraw
Now that is hilarious!

I think "Evans" book comes out on the same day... Similar title too!!!

Sorry bro...
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather...To skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... WOW !!!! What a ride!!!!!!"
thecraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007   #15
Knob slobbers!
hey diddle diddle...
lotsawater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007   #16
Mad Scientist/Creeker
As we sit and put the finishing touches on this huge community effort, the result of which will be a guidebook of epic proportions, I realize that we can still pull all of lotsawater's hero shots in favor of more shots of Joe and Marty. LoL.

All jest aside, I believe the Craw is right when he says that CRC will never be go out of style, as Gordon Banks predicted in Whitewater Classics. "...I look forward to the day when CRC provides new schoolers with some good campfire chuckles and some extra toilet paper." It has always made us chuckle - mostly with wit and well-sculpted prose, but I will never use it for toilet paper. Not the Bible. "No run gives you the adrenaline injection faster than NSV. I recommend arriving directly from your favorite crankhouse in Boulder, jacked on something strong and dialed for chaos - there is no warm-up on NSV."

You are going to want this guide however, as it covers the entire region, including AZ, NM, CO, UT, and WY, with beautiful full page color photographs and more runs than you could shake a stick at in two lifetimes. We will keep you posted but the book should hit shelves the first week of May. Our internet site should be up by next month where you will be able to pre-order the book - Whitewater of the Southern Rockies - coming soon.

RiverWrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007   #17
sounds like a great new guide! I'll definitely keep an eye out for it...

do you think it's going to be more of a replacement for Western Whitewater then? from the sounds of it it will be. I was just considering getting WW but should I wait for this?

Osprey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007   #18
Lyons, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1998
Send a message via AIM to erdvm1
I beg to differ.............There is a warm up on NSV....It's walking back upstream the two miles you just paddled in thinking "what the F*ck just happened here????"
Go Dawgs!!!
Happiness is a way of travel not a destination
erdvm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007   #19
How will Kyle's book be different from the CRC II, our bible. Will it really be trying to do the same thing, or is it focused more on creeks?
basil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007   #20
GWS, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1992
Is there any way to post a preview of one of th epages from the new book?

Mut is offline   Reply With Quote

colorado river