Old 04-17-2007   #11
Originally Posted by jsyz View Post
Nah, its just that everyone in CO wishes they lived in CA and had access to the largest concentration of high quality whitewater anywhere in the world.... Meanwhile we'll be livin the dream.
And how is the snowpack this year?

if i'd known it was gonna be that kinda party...
oopsiflipped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007   #12
Thought-criminal, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
what what?

Originally Posted by acetomato View Post
I think he might have cheated a little on that one.
Cheated? "Choad" has been rooted firmly in my vernacular since my highschool days in rural Pennsylvania, where it was universally taken to mean a penis of highly unusual proportions. I believed the word to have Amish origins. For these reasons, it was reserved for special situations whereas words like "doosh" and "assbag" were thrown about all throughout the day. Not until dental school in New England did I encounter people who thought the choad to be merely a taint, an anatomical structure shared by one and all -- barring certain birth defects -- albeit the female taint is very small, almost negligible. I took this as a regional peculiarity, as New Englanders are a peculiar people. Not until moving West did I find that the ambiguity is nearly universal, shaking the very foundations of my slang vocabulary.

It never occurred to me to check out wiki for a definition of choad. Now that I have followed rklein's link I see that the word is "officially" (it is Wikipedia) applicable to both situations. I find this troubling for two reasons.
1. When I am calling someone a choad or being called a choad myself I would like to be clear that it denotes either a freakish dick or a patch of skin that is likely to be oily and possibly populated with dingleberries.
2. A penis of such unusual proportions as to qualify as a choad is a very rare and special thing whereas the taint or grundle is common to all human beings. The former definition provides an air of mystique and grandeur whereas the latter is rote. It's the difference between a unicorn and a horse.

I also didn't like the alternative spelling "chode".

I hereby propose that the definition of "choad" as perineum (the fleshy patch between genitals and anus) be stricken from the record. A decree must set forth by the appropriate authority banning all future use of the word as such, punishable by papercuts on the grundle.

OH..and Cali would be super sweet if it weren't full of choads.

I hope in the future Americans are thought of as a warlike, vicious people, because I bet a lot of high schools would pick "Americans" as their mascot. -Jack Handy
BastrdSonOfElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007   #13
nowhere, Colorado
very Nice BSOE....I too am from rural PA, I lived around Willow Grove, Abington area, just outside Philly. we also used the word choad for special occasion. just thought I share.
tress33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007   #14
what a fagg
slee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007   #15
Grand Dysfunction, West Slope, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
To the choad on all of us!

BSOE, nice diatribe sir and thank you for the clarification. Makes me smile and realize that there is still a crap on my deck ready for purging (after the morning coffee). Suggestion of addl. def. #3 Choad = Spawning and foraging grounds of dingleberries. Your thoughts?

As a CO boater, am definitely envious of the massive amounts of water being delivered to CA via the jetstream, not to mention WA, OR, WY or ID. Therefore when we do get water, we're all out there like crackhoes fiending for the goods. The pacific northwest gives you more water and an extended season, which is undeniable.

Judging by the posts, many riverfolk seem to have experienced rivers and creeks in both areas; mostly from good runs getting posted which makes us want to RUN IT!

.. regardless, i'm just here for the gangbang.

raft3plus is offline   Reply With Quote