Old 05-01-2007   #11
Photographer, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
My two boys are in their second season paddling but their first season of serious river time. They are 9 & 11. I am planning on spending a lot of time with them in the Puebo Whitewater Park as soon as school gets out. The facility here would be a great one to hold an event for kids. There is lots of room in the eddies and the drops are very low consequence. If there is anyway I can help just ask. I am not sure we'd make it to practices in other areas much especially on weekdays as the grown-ups have to work to pay for paddling (and ice hockey!)
-Bryan Kelsen
Pueblo Paddlers

PS-You can check out our whitewater park at: Pueblo Boating Beta

"You gotta fight for your right to paddle!"
bkp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007   #12
Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999

i diffentely think this is an awsome way to keep kids out of trouble and keep there lifes on the right track, how can i get something started in casper? we have a bunch of little guys who could benifit from this program and traveling to other places. email or what ever but id like to get something started this summer in casper

caspermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007   #13
I am planning on brining some kids over to the Avon community rodeos that are happening leading up to Teva. It would be great to include these in the High School Series that already exists, Kyle and Nick both competed in them years ago. As Chris says we are just communications challenged.

Also JRO from eagle. We paddle in Glenwood Monday - Thursday. It would be great if you joined us. Of course now that the water is up we will be paddling on the fork more.

friend of the fork, knife, and spoon
peterB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007   #14
Broomfield, Colorado Paddling Since: 1996
Avon Series in HS Cup Series....

Lets make it happen! My goal in the next three years is to see 300 kids by the end of the series taking part in the High School Cup.
Our only challenge is to coordinate the communication amongst the Buzz and other mediums of getting the word out.

See you this weekend in Golden for the High School Champs as our water is good......GREAT now and for the rest of the week.
FRPA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007   #15
Our website is now up and running. Please check it out.
N. Wigston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007   #16
Gunnison, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2007

maybe you could have one in gunnison. There are so many overweight kids who stay inside and play video games all day in the summer. And there are some really good adult kayakers that they could help too.

Izzle44 is offline   Reply With Quote