Old 06-02-2005   #1
Colorado Cellphone Question

I will be out there next week but my cell phone contract in WV sucks and I need to get a prepaid Cellphone in Colorado. What would be the best company to go with?? T-moblie????

komushio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005   #2
Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Verizon seems to have the best coverage, but Tmobile is pretty good as well. Singular is also here.

Dave Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005   #3
Ft. Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2002
I like sprint the best, you can pay as you go at a reasonable rate and pay $5 for no roaming ever which is absolutley essential if you want to use your phone in rural areas of CO.

I strongly advise against at&t/cingular. They are notorious for erroneous charges and fine print "scams"
afox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005   #4
Laramie, Wyoming
Paddling Since: 1992
I had t-mobile and I had zero signal in Buena Vista and Leadville, it sucked! I now have Verizon and can talk on my phone at a campground in the boondocks between Buena Vista and Leadville...
badkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005   #5
Englewood, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1978
Verizon has been great here in CO. And to flip the table...last year they got service in Summersville, so I can use my phone in your neck of the woods w/o roaming now.
Join up, suckas.

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid."
- Soren Kierkegaard
Caspian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005   #6
Denver, Colorado
I have Sprint and I strongly advise AGAINST it.
Everywhere I go, other people have service and I don't.

Sounds like Verizon is the way to go.
Id725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005   #7
Ft. Collins, Colorado
The way I understand it with sprint when you pay the extra $5 a month for unlimited roaming you get the same service areas as Verizon.
afox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005   #8
Lakewood, Colorado

When I moved out here I had Sprint and it was HORRIBLE. I constantly checked my friends' signal strength in remote locations in CO under different providers and with my unscientific research determined Verizon was the way to go. It's not perfect, but I think I made the right choice.

lmaciag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005   #9
Another vote for Verizon....

My wife and I have had it for about a year and a half now. We get excellent coverage along the front range and I-70, and good coverage in most other areas. Keep in mind, though, that with Verizon, when you get into a remote area of CO (Poudre Canyon, Thompson Canyon, any other remote mountainous area), you'll have no service, but I think this is the case with most other plans.

parttimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005   #10
Denver, Colorado

Hey, how you been? We met on the upper Yough a couple Gauley fest's ago. Then did Pinch and Glade in WV during hurricane Isabelle. I was with Marty (Craw) and Jen (Teva Jen) in the VW Eurovan.

Anyway, I just talked to Bill Sheppel who is on his way out now. I guess you are the WV guy he mentioned coming out later? Your timing is going to be pretty good as far as flows go. Give me a call if you are looking for some beta, a place to crash in Denver, or people to boat with. Most of our crew works weekdays but we're in the mountains every w/e.

Go with Verizon, I took AT&T (now Cingular) to BBB, long story, they suck.

-Darren Livingston, 720-244-0075

Livingston is offline   Reply With Quote