Old 08-23-2013   #1
CO to WV

I'm looking to mount a mission to the southeast this fall. I'm an experienced guide/laborer/kayak safety/photo/video guy, but this trip isn't about work. It's about gettin' some. If there is work that can support and not interfere with the cause I'd be interested. I was sort of thinking I'd be driving my car out there, but I'm open to any kind of rally. I've got some questions for the community.

1. What are the classics (playboating and creekin)?
2. How many weeks do you think are prudent?
3. Plan to get a job, or no?
4. Where to live?
5. Is there video boating work? Is it worthwhile? Will it interfere with boating?
6. Is there other work? etc.
6. What kind of immunizations do I need?

Thanks for your help and occasional douchy/condescending comments.

chiefton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013   #2
Da Fort, Colorado

If you're not that concerned about work - just roll on out to the Gauley. See if you can pick up one or two days a week shooting video or (tougher to do because of check-out etc.) guiding. You can usually tent it up in the guide ghetto of wherever you work. There has been tons of water in the East this year so during the week you can get back on the Gauley (there will be lots of weekday releases), the New will be at a good level, the Upper Yough, or whatever else happens to be running.

Later in the season the Russell Fork will start to release. Also you can try to catch a Tallulah release. The Green has been running high all summer and should continue to be good. If the pattern keeps up there should also be plenty of possibilities for natural flow this fall - just follow the rain.

Immunizations will depend on how much nightlife you like to take in.

Good luck.
bosco is offline   Reply With Quote