Old 10-29-2005   #31
There is a video with Lost Trail Creek in it,if your'e talking about the one in upr. Crystal drainage.I saw a post card with a picture of Sneffels creek that looked sweet!
Ever topo'd the Spanish Peaks area? I have seen the Cucharas with runnable flows,Wahatoya'Guayatoya,and No. fk Purgatoire,have always interested me,if Turkey Crk. is the new benchmark for micro-creekin',then they're doable,if they ever have water.

cayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005   #32
God Amongst Men
Phuoc My, Da Nang, THE 'NAM
Paddling Since: 1845
the lost trail creek outside of marble probably doesnt have enough talking about the one above Rio Grande Rez...easy mistake.

as for the spanish peaks area, i havent actually thought about it much...ive looked at the topos for that region and have quite a few runs in mind, but i have no idea what "typical" streambed geology is there....ive often looked at the Huerfano River, way high up, as well as the St Charles River and Hardscrabble Creek. I will look into the runs you gave me and see if i can find some information on it.

yetigonecrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005   #33
yeah i've had ute creek on my radar too. have some others too over here in the rio grande basin. all require hiking and some require some chainsawing action. unfortunately i can't do much until my knee gets better. the upper reaches of the rio grande is easy access though and there are some small bax canyons in there too.
matobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005   #34
God Amongst Men
Phuoc My, Da Nang, THE 'NAM
Paddling Since: 1845
next spring, or summer, or whenever, im down to come over for a couple days and do some major scouting. its not far of a drive for me and i would be way down for exploration.

what creeks specifically are you talking about? are any of the creeks NW and S of Creede (ie: Goose, Trout, Park, etc) any good? ive always thought they looked possible, but i wasnt sure on flow.

yetigonecrazy is offline   Reply With Quote