Old 02-12-2011   #51
The next zone, .
I know this is gettin a bit off topic so if anyone has questions about private rationing on the Arkansas feel free to start your own thread and I am sure it will get some good responses.

The reason I am even going to post again - is to raise the eyebrows of private boaters that may or may not want to ration private boats at the level of 30 boats per day in all the water around salida. Well except for the river park...

Tu's stated agenda is that they want to limit boats at the 30 bpd level down from the 50bpd that will be allowed this summer. This fact is backed by notes from the ctf meetings (the ctf is a citizen advisory board that advises the ahra as per the wishes of the citizens).

The water around salida was historically rationed at such a low level so to "protect the fishing experience". Over the past 4-5 years the popularity of the section had resulted in more than 30 private (rafts, kayaks, or duckies) boats going down the river on quite a few days... About a year ago the AHRA did a expirement and increased the boats from 30bpd to 50bpd and thus avoiding private rationing for the near future. With this increase there were very few conflicts reported so the section will be rationed at 50bpd until the management plan review that is coming up. If the level were dropped back down to 30 bpd a private rationing system would be required by the current management plan and 5-6 days would likely be rationed the next summer.

When meng and others asked for specific sections of river where TU's agenda may or may not be in the conflict of boaters - well I felt that this was a good example of where some boaters may disagree with a stance taken by tu.

Originally Posted by sbratt View Post
If ark valley boaters don't like the local chapters stance, they should organize and push against it.
I am in 100% agreement with you on this one.

The two private boater and CW reps to the ctf are Craig and Leslie. Leslie put up the thread here on the buzz so as to get a feel of what private boaters want and it has gotten some good responses. So I would advise any other boaters who either feel comfortable with or disagrees with the river around salida rationed at the level of 30 boats per day (again the current is 50bpd) to let your CTF reps know how you feel.

Here is the link to that thread Arkansas Headwaters Recreation Area Management Plan Review by CTF

"I feel better than any other time when I am in the mountains and uh I cant explain it ya know...." - Shawn Farmer..........
Jahve is offline   Reply With Quote