Old 09-16-2013   #51
dork, confusion
Paddling Since: 2000
Clear creek playpark is open... but there's no one around to see your smilling mug at the pecos hole..

chrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013   #52
boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2009
Soda Creek

Does anyone have any beta on the potential sewage effluent from Soda Creek in Idaho Springs? I ran Clear Creek from Lawson to Kermits on Saturday and really enjoyed the town run but don't want to do it again today if all the increased flow is from sewage.

ipsent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013   #53
Lakewood, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2002
Someone died in Clear Creek today. Not contributing to either side of the debate, just sharing.

"....Idaho Springs, an 83-year-old man died Monday afternoon when the ground he was standing on gave way and he was swept away by Clear Creek."

Death toll rises in Colorado floods |

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain
lmaciag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013   #54
Park City, Utah
Paddling Since: 1985
In my life I have been asked to exit the river twice.

Once 700 + on boulder creek and once following a monsoon event on clear creek. I am not one to bash or pick fights with the establishment. I have never had to be rescued nor had anyone other than my boating partners help me. I think that is the standard. If you get in their way right now, it's your bad and you'll probably explain it to a judge, and be fined accordingly. If you boat and take care of yourself, I chafe at the precedent.

Should the forest service cut off access to the back country in times of high avalanche danger? If they did, I would loose alot of ski days. Route selection and staying within ones self are part of the game.
Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013   #55
Technology Partner, Littleton, Colorado
Send a message via AIM to mvhyde
CLear Creek is Open

There's probably S@#t in every river we paddle anyway, what's a little more? How many of you have ever paddled Confluenza? Shut up, quit whining, go boating. Get a Tet shot.

One more thing - ragging on Cutch swimming should be the last thing any boater ever does. We all swim sooner or later or more often than we'd like.

If you're calling 911, then you shouldn't be out there to begin with. Suck it up and deal.
And the Lord said, let there be whitewater. So on Friday, the 13th day of the month....
mvhyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013   #56
Raw sewage in every river? No. Treated effluent? You bet. Big difference in my mind- but I could be wrong. Tetanus shot doesn't protect you against all of the effects of raw sewage, btw.

spthomson is offline   Reply With Quote