Old 09-16-2013   #41
dork, confusion
Paddling Since: 2000
Listening to bozmo mike talk about respect is hilarious... hypocritical douchebag..... sewage seeps into Colorado creeks every time it rains from poor septic sytems in mountain communities anyways... nobody's gonna patrol pecos hole...

chrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013   #42
Westminster, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2010
Originally Posted by jconnsurf View Post
I came to this post for a quick answer to whether or not Clear Creek was closed to kayaking. Wish that was the case. To much juvenile bickering on Mountain Buzz. I got bored after reading the first to pages of posts.

If you were looking for the same info as me, a simple phone call to the sheriff offices involved will work, it did for me.

Jefferson County dispatch said Clear Creek is not closed to kayakers at this point. That was five minutes ago.
Clear Creek County Sheriffs office said Clear Creek was not closed to kayakers, and that they are not writing tickets to boaters, however they advised against boating on the creek due to debris moving downstream.

Two phone calls, polite conversations, and I received a yes or no answer.

Stop wasting everyone's time that is reading this post looking for an answer that is on many boaters minds. Yes, Clear Creek is open to kayakers.
You may want to put a call in to the State Patrol as well. They harassed me twice last night. Exactly what I was talking about in my earlier post. The right hand is not working with the left. So clearly it is not that simple. How do you argue with a clearly stated no tubers, rafters, or kayakers on a sign? Haven't been up yet this morning to see if they changed the wording.

coloclimber512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013   #43
Denver, Colorado
When I saw the sign it said no tubing or rafting Clear Creek. The implication I got was that they meant tubers and Wal-Mart rafts rather then white water craft.
Ka-Pow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013   #44
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
I got a call back from Jeffco saying the creek was not closed to kayaking. Awesome.
deepsouthpaddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013   #45
Pleasant Valley, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2002
As of 9:00 am, the aforementioned sign on Highway 6 states that the canyon is still closed to "tubing, rafting and kayaking". After calling state patrol, clear Creek County Sheriff office (Idaho Springs and Golden) it seems like no one is aware or upholding the "closure."

We should all make an effort to be self sufficient and not rely on emergency resources. Emergency personnel in Boulder, Jefferson and Larimer Counties are exhausted and fist bumping kayakers should be the least of their concerns. Stay out of the spotlight and go get some.

Just my two cents, be safe, have fun!
Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013   #46
dillon, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Originally Posted by mustloverafting View Post
Next side Note,
CASPERMIKE!!! With over 5500 posts do you ever have time to kayak? I along with many others are sick of reading your bullshit here everyday!!! Start a Montana Kayak Caspermike page so that I don't have to read all you nonsense. I love to kayak and would even kayak with you whenever. But, please stop all your shit!!! 2.33 posts per day 5500 in total? I'm just truly sick of reading how you are gods gift to this sport and your unneeded opinion on every topic. Get a life, get off your couch/computer, get in your boat and give us a break.

Second that LIKE!!
chepora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013   #47
I'm wrong 50% of the time
RFV, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1977
The "disaster emergency" in jefco was declared as 1: a precautionary measure and 2: a way to get FEMA and other federal disaster relief $$$. The county is defiantly playing CYA. As for the signs, Sheriff and CO Hwy Patrol, The front range is in a disaster mindset. Communications between departments are fragmented. Having the left hand to communicate efficiently with the right hand is pretty hard when resources are stretched. I could care less if you go boat CC, just do it safely.

As an aside, A few friends and I have been trying to brainstorm any way we can help people on the front range, especially boaters. I know Matt Booth is probably one of the most affected, as is the poster in this thread from Jamestown. We would love to help in any way possible. From bringing easy up tents, full kitchen and supplies up to a evacuation center, or other location to help cook food for relief workers or locals just needing a boost. By bringing Kids toys, clothes and personal hygiene items up to a distribution center or by helping a family drain, gut and remodel a flood affected house.

I know that I am not the only one with a garge full of raft kitchen supplies, old toys and clothes and tools. I have a full time job and kids and not a lot of extra $$, but can not only send out my best wishes to those affected by this disaster, but offer myself as a help in anything I can do. I feel like the clean up effort is going to take massive amounts of work and time.

Let me know if you have any ideas, and please, get some if you can / want to, but also help you neighbors and friends as much as you can.

"Full Wrap" Brenden
brendodendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013   #48
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Brendodendo 's post

cayo 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013   #49
Land of Lovin, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
Originally Posted by caspermike View Post
Btw since you any read basic English I live in Bozeman
That clears so much up I love you Mike...
Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. - Voltaire
Jensjustduckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013   #50
If flood boating is wrong, I don't want to be right!

Grif for President!
deepstroke is offline   Reply With Quote