Old 01-04-2010   #21
Little Village, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
If Bud offered to give me money, I'd take it. Hell, I'd even drink one of their beers for a photo shoot... and discreetly spit it out when the camera stopped clicking. But then I'm a shameless whore...

Beer for money is one thang. Beer for enjoyment is a whole nutha deal...

Uh, I'm just gonna go find a cash machine.
Riparian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010   #22
Edge o' the Dust Bowl, Oklahoma
Paddling Since: 1982
Originally Posted by heliodorus04 View Post
Let there be no doubt that I consider myself a beer snob who would scoff at Bud under all but the most dire circumstance.

That having been said, it was a dire circumstance that taught me to appreciate Budweiser as the great American beer that it is, despite present ownership.

It was September 2005, and I had just that particular day rolled into Biloxi/Ocean Springs MS after 'the big one' to pitch in my share. It was K+5. I learned my way around eastern Biloxi with a guide from the shelter, came back late at night to the Lutheran church that was hosting us, and the guys who had gotten back slightly earlier all had found the one liquor store in Ocean Springs that was open. From it, they had obtained all the Budweiser product they could drink, freshly delivered by AB that day, at a cost of $5 a 12-er.

Ladies and Gentlemen, the beauty of American beer is not the beer itself. It is the sheer and unbridled decadence revealed by a demand-driven economy that produced a distribution system capable of delivering all the beer you can drink, at $10 a case, to a hurricane zone, 5 days after landfall.

I drank luke-warm bud every night, and never felt more bonded to any beer earned, savored, or otherwise.

Budweiser is good. EJ is good. Let them enjoy one another's company and both prosper.
<"Like" Button Pressed>

ActionJackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010   #23
Fred Gnarquist
carbondale, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
Originally Posted by RDNEK View Post
I think that bud and jackson kayaks are the perfect match... For some reason they just work well together - a good fit I say!!!

Also the reason I paddle a burn and drink ska ......
haha agreed
fred norquist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010   #24
Mad Scientist/Creeker
No shame in getttin paid. I just think they look posed. Rdnek is right though - support your local brewery, especially when we are as blessed as we are in CO with a multitude of world class beers to choose from. It's kind of funny in FC though because Budweiser is quasi-local, considering we have a plant just outside of town. But alas, the ownership is now Ducth and, as has been mentioned, it is a pretty Orweillian twist for them to come out with the "American ALe" brand directly after seeling the company to a European comapny.

I just can't get over the look on Clay's half face. he truly does look like he's about to spit his sip out.
Evan Stafford
Cub boater: "What do the spiders mean?" Old fart boater: "Trust your intuition." CRCII
RiverWrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010   #25
I can imagine both of those guys standing there thinking, "this stuff tastes so much better out of a booty."
Kyle McCutchen
Cutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010   #26
KVBA TV8 Vail weatherman/Colorado Kayaker, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1992
Send a message via MSN to hobie
I would feel bad if it was Coors as EJ is a friend and I like to stop off I-70 and piss in Clear Creek every time I drive east.
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010   #27
Renaissance Redneck
Huson, Montana
Paddling Since: 1988
Originally Posted by Cutch View Post
I can imagine both of those guys standing there thinking, "this stuff tastes so much better out of a booty."
After my last bootie beer post I realized that it has probably been so long since either of those guys swam I bet they have forgotten what a bootie beer is.
The first time I met Clay he was hand paddling the upper Yough in a Crossfire ... he didnt swim that day.
"You're gonna be doin a lot of doobie rolling when youre LIVIN IN A VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER"
LSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010   #28
rock island, Tennessee
Paddling Since: 1984

1. I enjoy ANY brand of beer thats handed to me at the take-out. Beast, BPR, Oly.. all good by me. JD, Jim, Evan ahead of beer in this weather, but I'm not going without due to finer points of taste.

2. Am. Ale is pretty good Budweiser. No, it's not Fat Tire or Arlo's ESB or Oscar's Yellow Pils but I doubt you'll pour it out at the takeout. It's EJ's gig but hoping to get some bottled 'swag' for events and OBJ. If I do, we'll see who turns it down.

3. I love drinking beer at the take-out. Less love when its near freezing and we stay in wet gear for an hour in front of a 'no alcoholic beverages' sign in a public park.

4. Next round we had female models to drink with..fine work when you can get it.

clayw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010   #29
Unincorporated Douglas County, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
I just noticed that the boys are on the back cover of the latest issue of Backpacker magazine.

Now, if I could just get New Belgium to pay me for drinking their Trippel, Abbey or 1554 or maybe Oscar Blue's for drinking Gordan or Ten-fidy. Or maybe Stone's Arrogant Bastard.

Karma is like this: If we set causes in motion the effects come back to us.
rwhyman is offline   Reply With Quote