Old 04-10-2008   #21
Casper, Wyoming
Paddling Since: 2005
This will be my third season of whitewater kayaking. I have been running class V water for two years now. I learned how to boat in WV and have run Lower Meadow, Top and Upper Yough, Upper Gauley, and Gore. I think you are ready when you decide your ready. Its just a matter of how big you want to go before you go home.

Originally Posted by boateralacure View Post
I live in durango i have been boating for three years now and i want to step it up and run class V i feel as if i am a solid class IV boater what are some pretty clam class V runs around durango

Go big or go home...
isaacrodolph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008   #22
Fred Gnarquist
carbondale, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
One thing that might be a good idea is to run something like OBJ in sections, in other words, run the drops you think you can stomp, and get good practice on those, then when you are feeling up to it run another one slightly harder until you get your skills and confidence up, then link them all. This would be a good way to ease yourself into it. If you do decide to run obj, run it at low water first.

fred norquist is offline   Reply With Quote

class v

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off