CKS Jobs Page: Employment
CKS Web Marketing and Web Development Internship
Background: Colorado Kayak Supply (CKS) is a leading e-commerce and retail paddle sports specialty store located in Buena Vista, Colorado. We have a well-developed web, events and print marketing infrastructure. This internship will principally focus on assisting in the development of CKS’s websites and online marketing channels. The selected intern can expect to learn to learn and acquire new skills, while also having the opportunity to take a leadership role with the direction and implementation of some of the assigned projects.
1. Content management and development on the main CKS website.
2. Content management and development of a new WordPress blogging site.
3. Management and upkeep out our Amazon.com store, as well as significant initial development.
4. Keyword and Keyphrase campaign development, maintenance and management.
5. Initial establishment and development of new social networking sites i.e. MySpace and Facebook.
6. Graphics and photo work to create media pieces such as banner ads.
7. Video development for various short projects.
8. Assisting with the development and follow through of various marketing campaigns as assigned.
9. Working with design and development teams to support overall marketing efforts.
10. Researching issues and new marketing channels and assisting senior staff as necessary.
1. Bachelors degree or equivalent experience in marketing, web development, graphic design or similar.
2. Familiarity with social media (MySpace, YouTube, Facebook), social browsing and bookmarking a huge plus (Digg, Reddit, NowPublic, etc).
3. Some level experience with Dreamweaver, Photoshop, In Design, HTML, XHTML and Final Cut Pro, or at least several of these programs.
4. Total web browsing proficiency, good research skills and the ability to find anything online.
5. Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to work independently or as a member of a group.
6. Interest in whitewater kayaking or paddle sports- Ideal candidate is an actual participant.
-Monthly stipend of $1,000/mo (30 hrs work/week) and access to industry pricing and discounts on all paddle gear, a great working environment and the opportunity to work with and learn from one of the most advanced e-commerce businesses in their industry.
-The location of this position is also a huge perk. There are 100 miles of whitewater surrounding the shop and the highest concentration of 14,000 foot peaks in the country is right out the back door. Additionally, both the towns of Salida and Buena Vista offer a great atmosphere, incredible whitewater parks and affordable living.
Many interns from years past have stayed on as full time CKS staff members and now can call Chaffee County Colorado their home.