Old 07-08-2005   #11
Golden, Colorado
I read about a fatal paraglider accident in the paper this morning but no information was released. How sad to find out it was Max. I feel very lucky to have met him now. I remember taking him too seriously the first time I met him around the campfire at OBJ. Hooking up with him and Gary to ride dakota ridge and not being able to stop laughing as they hazed spandex-clad racer-boys. And just hanging out with him up in Silverton scouting creeks. Seems like chunder-boy was never far from our minds... even when he wasn't around... as we scouted twizzler and told each other in chorter-esque fashion that we better run it or risk getting kneed in the nuts by the chunder-posse. I feel lucky to have gotten to know, even just a little bit, the person behind the posts.

Mountainbuzz will miss you Brah. I'll miss you.

blutzski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005   #12
Automotive Engineering
Send a message via MSN to dtom
$hit I'm shook, I just found out about this over the radio this morning, he stayed here at my house in C'dale wednesday night before his flights, he left me a message saying thanks at 3 yesterday afternoon. Dammit this one's gonna be tough. We had dinner Wednesday night at the diner in town, he managed to talk his way into free onion rings and a free coffee-oreo-banana milkshake. Never a dull moment with that kid.

Max, we'll remember you always.

dtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005   #13
Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Never thought it would go down like this. I always thought some enraged husband would come home and find his trophy wife air tight from the Chunderposse and go postal.

I think my favorite post he ever did was the one titled, "Chunderboy too slick for Craig pig". Terms I'd never heard of like "foaming at the crotch" and "made Jeter's little sister air tight, if you know what I mean" were classic.
Schizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005   #14
Spits Hot Fire
N. Cascades, Washington
RIP buddy, next time my friends think twice about runnin some shit, I'll kick em in the nuts for ya.
FLOWTORCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005   #15
Amsterdam, Netherlands
chunder will be missed. peace brah
"I would drag my balls across broken glass just to hear her fart into a walkie talkie" -Jay Drury
tboner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005   #16
How I wish the chunder chronicals were not lost to the nether.

My favorite chunder provoked response, I believe, was on the NPMB board after someone linked to his last work. Someone posted the following:

"Who brags about hanging out with Bananarama?"

It still makes me laugh.

Rest in Peace man.
merry prankster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005   #17
Jackson, Wyoming
Paddling Since: 94
Send a message via Yahoo to Gary E
Gary E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005   #18
Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Wow. This is a real bummer to hear. I never met him but would've loved to. I laughed my ass off at his posts, loved his whole satire on the glamour jet-set scene and his website was a real kick too.

My condolences to his family and loved ones,

I'll miss the Chunder Boy,

Nothing in the world is more yielding and gentle than water. Yet it has no equal for conquering the resistant and tough. The flexible can overcome the unbending; the soft can overcome the hard. - Lao Tse
Andy H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005   #19
Max was the best.
slee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005   #20
KVBA TV8 Vail weatherman/Colorado Kayaker, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1992
Send a message via MSN to hobie
What a sad day. I am in total disbelief. Although Max had a knack for getting people fired up here on MB, if you knew him for even a moment you knew what a good soul he was. The last time I was with Max was three weeks ago, surfing Lunch Counter. He was passing by the area on his was to fly and stopped by to catch the Counter in perfect form. We talked for a couple of hours and he was off to get up in the air. All he could talk about was how much he loved being up in the sky. I was so stoked to see him as he was always great about ripping me a new one in a way that even made me laugh. I am so sorry to hear about this as he is a great person. Funny, clever, quick witted and kind hearted. I will miss Max very much.

PS- Please check out the pic of Max surfing LC in the photos section.

hobie is offline   Reply With Quote