EddyFlower Vertical Challenge
Here's the scoop, I'm going to get this set up later today or tomorrow. Team Name will be "Betty Buzzards" unless someone has a better idea real fast.
All registered teams and individuals must abide by all event rules. Teams or individuals failing to adhere to the following rules may be disqualified at the discretion of the event staff. Prizes will not be awarded to teams or individuals that do not follow the rules or are suspected of cheating.
• Open to all paddlers (kayakers, rafters, canoers, riverboarders), from all countries, of all skill levels.
• Competition begins sunrise May 15 and ends sunset June 15.
• Maximum team size: 5, minimum team size: 1
• Competitors can only be registered on one team.
• Single run limitation set at 5 runs per team member i.e. each team member can only run one section of river 5 times.
• Must use put-ins and take-outs defined for the runs
listed eddyflower.com for competition credit.
• Must complete entire run to earn vertical feet. Portaging unrunnable and unsafe rapids is acceptable. Running laps on one drop or few drops doesn't contribute to your teams vertical feet.
• $20 per person registration fee covers ACA insurance, development, advertising, printing, posting, webhosting, video dvd's, shipping, trophies, etc.
• All competitors must fillout, sign and fax an ACA Waiver. Fax waiver to 720.519.0708 attention Brian Copanas.
• Competitors must register, pay registration fee and turn in waiver by May 14 to be eligible to compete. Any vertical racked up without payment will not count.
• Teams may recruit a new team member(s) if you have an open spot(s) during the competition, however, no trading people in and out once the comp starts.
• Competitors are responsible for entering in run and donation information directly into the event webpage within 48 hours of the descent or are subject to disqualification. The goal is to have teams enter in laps and donations as soon as possible to keep the standings as real-time as possible.
• Teams are not allowed to switch divisions once competition has started.
• Teams are not allowed to change team names once competition has started.
• Honor system applies, team member registration requires real First Name, Last Name, and Email Address. Anonominity doesn't work well with the Honor System concept.
• You must stop to help if you see another boater in trouble.