Old 05-04-2011   #1
Sandy, Utah
Paddling Since: 1997
Cat rowing position

I have always rowed my Cat from a center position. I feel like it gives me a better ability to spin/ferry/push or pull as needed. I'm toying with different set-ups of my NRS frame on my Cat for this summer. Wondering what others think about the forward rowing position?
I do class III - IV multiday trips with a 14X24 Maravia Cat. I don't do class IV+ day trips...... not going to run the Lochsa or Southfork Payette.
Thanks for the input

cataraftgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011   #2
I have a 14' Aire Lion that I use with a recetect frame and a cargo module, the frame has the rower in the front of the frame, I have the cargo module in the back. I really enjoy this set up, it took a bit of getting used to from the center position. My 16' Maravia and NRS frame works much better with the rower centered, when I tried it with the rower up front the boat seemed to want to spin around quite a bit and found myself trying to keep it facing forward more than negotiating the river. I really like being up front, on our early July Main trip in 09 I was only soaked head to toe twice, this surprised me given that one would think it would have been the oppisite, that was a great trip and was glad I had my 14' boat.
dport is offline   Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off