Old 05-12-2009   #11
Jackson, Wyoming
Paddling Since: 94
Send a message via Yahoo to Gary E
I hate greenies, little green bastards! WY Perhs, do you paddle? We need to start a club.

ps- anyone wanna hit deer creek soon?

Gary E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009   #12
Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
im down like a hound. the gf has a graduation party game sunday? next weekend im in bozeman , put it off to long....

btw boxelder kicked ass today i mean would be semi-proud Gary 1:15 hours for the canyon,hiked out and walked the shuttle in 1:30

caspermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009   #13
Casper, Wyoming
Paddling Since: 2004
WY_Perth, i'm not sure who you are, but as a fellow Wyomingite and student at Laramie i'm really surprised I haven't met you yet, hell who knows, maybe we have. Anyway, you should come up and paddle with Mike and I on Sunday. Maybe we could see about gettin on Deer, and if not, Boxelder is just down the road and is juicin right now. I really can't imagine what enticed you to write your comlaint, being from Casper orginally i thought i had a pretty good feel for the limited number of people who have actually paddled Deer. So, when was the last time you got on it again? I don't think you ever told us
dschmitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009   #14
pine, Colorado
Paddling Since: 93
Was gonna raft the Ark this weekend but now I think I'll get a group together and head north. I've heard great things about Box Elder and Deer Creek, who's in?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kayakplate.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	1406  
class 3 felon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009   #15
Yeah, God Damn Greenies are pretty much ruining the west. In the other western states they're called Craporadons or Crowdaroundems. Like "Yeah the landowner closed the access cause a bunch of Craporadons were going up there". Or "Man I was up at Big T and the place was taken over by Crowdaroundems". That's pretty standard.
craporadon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009   #16
Vail, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1066
I'd go, but when they check my ID at the border and do a background check, they discover that, in fact, I am not a Greenie, but a MASSHOLE (having originated in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts), the worst of the worst!

Everybody's got to look down on something so that they feel like they have a view.
randomnature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009   #17
Summit, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
Send a message via AIM to COUNT
Can't we all just get along and go back to hating on Texas?
"The world would be a better place if everyone kayaked."-Brad Ludden (Valhalla)
"You only get one chance to run a drop blind."-DD
COUNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009   #18
Casper, Wyoming
Paddling Since: 2004
haha ya, but texans can be good though too, some of them are so fat i swear they can raise the river 2 feet when they get in a boat. Who can complain about that?
dschmitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009   #19
The next zone, .
Originally Posted by Wy_perhs View Post

You had to know that the ranchers wouldn't like to see Greenies running all over their land didn't you? No resident wants to see anymore areas of Wyoming turn into Glendo, Gray Reef, or the Snowies. The majority of Wyomingites like to keep the special parts of our great state a secret, but you had to blow it for that area. I all I can say is thanks for ruining it for the rest of us.
This is great shit... Got me a good laugh today thanks....

I am going to send this thread to a few of my family/friends up in wyo - they will get a kick out of it!

It brings me back to good old family road trips to visit the cousins some in denver others in wyo. When we would stop in denver we got picked on and made fun of - the cousins called us rednecks.... This continued until the brother and I whopped the older cousins in their own back yard... Denver pussies.....

Then on to the Wyo stop the next day where we got picked on and called greenies... Mostly because we did not have the pre approved "wyo rat tail" hair cut!!!! Well when we tried to kick the ass of the wyo boys well the yongest cousin in the group picked up a 2x4 and hell to this day they still call us grenies....

And count if you dont know now you do..... Trust me wyo folks make poke way more fun at us coloradians that we throw texas's way.... Just one more reason to love wyo!!
"I feel better than any other time when I am in the mountains and uh I cant explain it ya know...." - Shawn Farmer..........
Jahve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009   #20
Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
that was a good one schmitt.. now come on, he has misrepresented wyomingites now. To fix the tarnnashed reputation.............

Here's some GoPro Helmet Cam footage of Box Elder Creek Yesterday. enjoy.

Casper Kayakers

caspermike is offline   Reply With Quote