Old 08-06-2007   #11
Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
reservoir cut flows to about 800cfs saturday morning making sunday grouling sorry they compensated for all the water we received but flowing aT A great 2500 cfs again sorry you missed out and drove for a shitty day in the park!

caspermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007   #12
saratoga, Wyoming
Paddling Since: 1980
whats huge?

the river had dropped by around 3 ft, 11:00 saturday morning. the wave on # 3 macho munchies was huge!!! hopefully next springs flush week long flush will be just as good.

I take my drift boat down this park from time to time and was wondering what's your definition of a huge wave? I live a few hours away and everytime I go up there I am not thrilled with the waves and just end up fishing it. Very rarely do I ever see anyone there either. Granted I fish more than paddle these days but used to live in park-n-play spots. These waves just havn't looked very playful... just flushy. Nice eddy lines though which are fun for a bit. Just looking for a reference and level as to when I should throw my yak in my drifter.

The whole flush thing confuses me also. Isn't the river at the Dam still pushing around 2400 or so? Does this mean that the river needs to be around 5000csf (max spring flush flow) or so for the park to be happening? Please let us know some concrete info so we can plan trips accordingly. Thanks and powder river let'r buck... go pokes.

rmpeddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007   #13
Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999

there are numerous waves at the whitewater park that are great depending on water level down to about 1500 or 800. even at 800 theres something to surf. this is a recreation park not a whitewater center. my guess is flows were at the low side of 5000cfs could have bee bigger. the reason the river was so shitty on sunday and saturday flows were cut lower than standard winter flows (200cfs) during the two days, to compensate for the flooding in the valley everything in the river was from rain.

big waves as in big bouncy waves one somewhat similar to m-wave except for righties but left moves were doable and a great pile on top. deffinetely double over head. on macho munshies there is video i just have to get it from friend big tricks helixs, air screw, back blunts, air blunts

caspermike is offline   Reply With Quote

ark, casper