Old 09-30-2006   #1
, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1990
Carnage vid '95

Anyone have a copy or know how to get a copy of the 1995 Arkansas River Carnage video? Happened to be in it a few times

MadHatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006   #2
Poison Slingin'
Contact John Kreski at Arkansas Headwater Recreation Area. He used to own Sunshine Studios and they made at least one of the videos from the 95 season. The only other video I remember being made that year was made by some video kayakers from back east. One of them still lives in Salida. Next time I run into him I'll ask how you could get a copy. I can't remember the name of that particular video, but it had a fair amount of kayaking in it while the other was mostly rafting. Hope this helps.

chixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006   #3
The title is "Rio Con Carne".
phillersk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006   #4
The next zone, .
I still have a vhs copy around - I do not think they are for sale anywhere - at least anywhere I know of. Big ronnie T, who is still here in BV was one of the guys doin it - I can ask him next time that I run into him.

That is the best carn video (rafting) to come out of colorado in quite some time. The only one better is the 86 or so high water carn video with classical music playin, the old sunshine, and tons of non bailers gettin worked in reefer maddness!
Jahve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006   #5
Ronny T, his company was Mountain River Video, but RT did all the video boating for Buff Joe's at the time. I still have a copy around. Great raft carn, huge high water on Browns and The Gorge. I want to say there is some rafting in the Gorge some where around 5K. Been a while since I've dusted off that old vid, though so I could be way off on the level.
Also planty of high water kayaking around the state. Those guys were running the shit, back in the days!!
WesternMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006   #6
, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1990
Would love to get a copy of it for ole time sake..if you would pass along to him my interest I would appreciate it. Also regarding the rafts in the Gorge...I was there at 5500cfs with some kayakers from PT (Rick and the gang) and a raft from Canyon Marine...boy that was a great year...especially seeing Brown's at 7000cfs 45 minutes Fish to Hecla
MadHatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006   #7
Madhatter - I was on Browns that morning it peaked.......CONFIRMED Fish to Heckla > 45min trip!!
Old 10-04-2006   #8
God Amongst Men
Phuoc My, Da Nang, THE 'NAM
Paddling Since: 1845
does anyone know where some images of browns at that level can be found? i dont even know if i could imagine 7000 through there....damn
yetigonecrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006   #9
Carnage vid '95

Yea baby !! I started Mountain River Video out of my tent along the Arkansas in 92, then sold it to Ronnie T , my buddy from Boone, NC. Ronto is in BV now but the slacker won't log on yet , but I'll make sure he gits r dunn.Those were the days when everyone told me you could not video on the Ark and you could not squirt. I received many laughs squirting on the Ark in the late eighties, but knew it was coming since I was squirtin in WVA and V-Ginny in the mid 80's. Now I am weekend warrioring from Woodland Park, cause I got a 3 yr old girl Cassidy, born to me.The long hair is gone,but the spirit has not. Ronnie T and I often flashback to those days,over a few cold ones.

Old School Streety
mastreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006   #10
STREETY !!!!! WOW, didn't expect you to chine in here. Yeah, I'm still sportin the good ole' red t-shirt!! Just can't seem to part with it. I started at BJ's in '95, so you may not fully remember me, JOnny Highside, Radar, Campy, Shane, Dom and the rest all called me CaptainPanic! Anyway, we've met several times, but quite a few years ago. Get Ronto away from daily grind and tell him his vids are STILL in high Demand!!
Topher Smith