Old 03-24-2006   #1
Winter Park, Colorado
Car break in...CRC stolen

This is a long-shot, but I thought I would try anyways:

Last night my car was broken into in central Boulder, in my parking lot, right outside my apartment. The thief stole a random mix of things (not including my $400 tele boots, which I still think is strange!), but they did take the CRC that I won at the Lyons Fundraiser on Sunday night. I actually bid on this (supposedly last available) copy for a friend who was not able to make it that night...I have my own copy.

This is highly unlike but, if you happen to come across a brandnew copy in a used bookstore or some other place strange, please let me know. Pick it up, I will pay you for it. Think of Karma!!!!! It is unlikely that this is what the thief would do with it. They probably ended up throwing it out once they realized what it was and was useless to them. How would they know that it was something that us boaters were dying to get our hands on!?!?

I am only posting this because you never know what might turn up.

Boat-ERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006   #2
I had one stolen last year at BTO when a group of guys broke into my truck. I doubt it is in circulation since I know what the scumbags looked like. I don't think you can trade a CRC for crack.

farp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006   #3
Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2003
I think you've got it all wrong. This thief is smarter than you're giving him credit for. I think the CRC was THE target. Hide your CRC under your girl's purse next time. Furthermore, leaving the boots is not surprising - you realize you can't get your heel to lock in the ski with those things?

Seriously, sorry to hear about the break in, I've been there. Think you can extort some extra $ from your insurance company for the "last available" copy of a book?
KSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006   #4
Golden, Colorado
there was a good thread a month or two ago on getting copies I or II...

Well I started this thing so its about time that I end it!! I just recieved an email back from Gordon Banks himself! I asked him if I could get a copy of the CRC 1 or 2, if I sent him a check. Ill paste the email in below:

Gordon wrote:

Just send a check for $33. I will send to you. Specify CRC 1 or 2.

gordon banks
3432 Cripple Creek Sq.
Boulder, CO. 80303
Ph: 303 494 1345
Fx: 303 494 7161
AIM chat: gordonbankschat
Gordon's Portfolio:

I wrote:

On Feb 2, 2006, at 5:42 PM, bscohen wrote:

> Is there anyway I can get a copy of CRC 1 or 2???

So Gary you dont know as much as you think you know, but whoever wants a book just send a check to this address.

Dave Eckardt

Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:30 am Post subject:

I can get you CRC books. Email me at

good luck.
bkp77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006   #5
Winter Park, Colorado
bkp77...thanks for the info, I will forward it to my friend and hopefully SHE will still be able to get a copy from Gordon.

Yes that's right KSC both myself (who's car was broken into) and my friend are females!! So where you may hide your shit under your chick's purse...I hide mine under NO ONE'S!!!!! And with comments like that I would be surprised if you even had a woman. Grow up...not all boaters are men!!!!

And actually you have it're the one carrying the purse...still locking that heel down, huh?
Old 03-27-2006   #6
Boulder, Jackson Kayak, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Send a message via Skype™ to thecraw
Boat-ERS is a bit testy!!!

Ease up darl'n. No harm done, just a mistaken gender.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather...To skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... WOW !!!! What a ride!!!!!!"
thecraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006   #7
Geologist, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1991
My truck was stolen last year. I got it back but the only things missing were my boat rack and my copy of CRCII. I was pissed since it had all my boater friends phone numbers, directions to alternative put-ins, notes and my Colorado boating journal....oh well.
jonny water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006   #8
Winter Park, Colorado
I wasn't being testy...everyone likes a good banter, and that was just what I was doing...I don't even know why I am justifying it with a response.

It is getting warmer and the water will be a flown' before we know it...let's get out there and have a great season!!!!!!!

See you all on the river!
Old 03-27-2006   #9
Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2003
Whoa, that's a hell of a way to make banter. No offense was intended (except for the telemark comment), so sorry if some was taken. Anyway, the purse comment was really more of metaphor (do I really have to explain this?) for something valuable that you would normally hide from plain view in your car, not an implication that you were male, lesbian, or had a significant other. Although, yeah, since, sadly, 90%+ of boating, telemarkers on the buzz are probably men, I wouldn't have guessed you were female. I'll tell my wife about my chances of scoring with women - I'm sure she'll be pleased.

KSC is offline   Reply With Quote