Old 06-01-2010   #11
Boulder, Jackson Kayak, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Send a message via Skype™ to thecraw
Dang this is getting out fast... OK here is all the skinny I have at the moment. Tao called me the other day to mention that he genuinely feels that the Adam Barron Memorial Creek race on SSV is one of the best races in the country and that he wants to see more athletes challenge him on this course. His point was that a larger purse would draw them out. Truth be told, as organizer of the kayak events, there was no more money that the Town of Lyons could put up. So, as the competitor that Tao is, he put his own money up as long as someone would back him up if he wins. That is where Oskar Blues Brewery RULES!!! Oskars is one of the primary sponsors of the Games already and heck, Lyons is Oskars home town! They are matching Tao’s 500.00 if he wins and then some if he wins by 2 full seconds. Not only that, it comes with a years worth of free beer!!! That is what you call hometown pride my friends. They not only make my favorite pale ale (Dales!!), but they care about kayaking and want to see the Colorado locals give Tao a serious run for (literally) “HIS” money.

First off, you can talk smack about Tao all you want, but bottom line Tao is damn good and a super fast paddler. He has taken the "W" of the Adam Barron Memorial Creek race for the last two years straight. It is mine and Oskars hope that the home boys of the 970, 719 and 303 are stoked to train their asses off and let's keep the title here in Colorado this year. Don’t think for a second that because you know this course, that this alone will give you a “W”. He is going to be out there training for a week solid once the Teva games are done. He wants this win again for the 3rd straight year!

The C&K article mentions that it will be a $1000.00 first place purse. That is most likely going to grow a bit as well, but we are working on some other final pieces before we finalize. Look for this to be posted in a day or so. Just know that the minimum 1st place purse is 1000.00 and likely to grow…

Bottom line, we will have one class… I will announce the rules as they finalize but here is the basic format.

After two qualifying runs, the top 10 racers go on to a third and final run. We will have a shuttle set up so racers don’t have to lug themselves and their boats back to the top of the course. There will be cash prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd. That detail will be worked out in the next day or so, but suffice to say it is not insignificant…

Every boater should know that Oskars is a great local brewery and loves river sports. They were the first (or certainly one of the first) to make super quality micro brew in cans. They are the fastest growing micro brewery in the country and they are big supporters of sporting in general. They have been a huge part of the LOG (Lyons Outdoor Games) over the years and always make sure the party and food go off with quite a bang. But also know that they helped to get the dollars raised to build us a kick ass ww park, and lots of other aspects to local kayaking that most paddlers don’t even know of. Support them please and show them we appreciate their support of kayaking events….

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather...To skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... WOW !!!! What a ride!!!!!!"
thecraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010   #12
Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
maybe dont have the have to have run this peice 3 times rule. might bring in soon more people.

caspermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010   #13
I'll throw in one steamy night with Life's mom for the winner as well. Double rap it boys!
hey diddle diddle...
lotsawater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010   #14
Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
lotsa been awhile wtf.. come back to the states
caspermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010   #15
wannabe kayaker
Dayton, Ohio
Paddling Since: 2006
I'm pretty sure I can beat Tao to last place.
Boilerblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010   #16
Boulder, Colorado
This race is tons of fun, to bad we all cant be sure we wont finish last now that keck moved, but we need more local boys at this event, hopefully this year one of us can at least get in the top ten.
tj@cu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010   #17
The next zone, .
While Tao may win this race I doubt if he would even make finals in the Pine Creek Race...

He would be destroyed by Demshitz so I imagine that we wont even see him compete..
"I feel better than any other time when I am in the mountains and uh I cant explain it ya know...." - Shawn Farmer..........
Jahve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010   #18
185 lb. waste of space, Keeping Glenwood Springs real
Paddling Since: 1864
Pine creek? That race is quicker than the second time I had sex. Lame.

What I want to know is who is going to give me a thousand dollars so that when I break my boat on my third training lap I can buy a new creekboat for the rest of the season?

If someone posts that I should just buy a crosslink villian I will kick them right in the baby maker.
970-217-21 six six
yourrealdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010   #19
Dad, have you thought about a cross link rocker?

When are you movin to Fort?
BrianK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010   #20
Chico, California
Paddling Since: 2003
Dude is fast...

We were on SSV last year when Tao was lapping the narrows solo a few days before the race...dude made it look way too easy, as much as he sometimes annoys me, the dude is fast...just sayin. Evan, if I read your post right, I am pulling for you bro! Here's hoping someone from the Centennial state has a fatter wallet come race day!

rideon is offline   Reply With Quote