Old 06-01-2007   #31
Thought-criminal, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Moshe, buddy, if you don't like the construction I wouldn't rule out a little guerilla warfare, VC style. Throw on some black pajamas and it's just you and the land managment boys out there eyeball to eyeball.

Seriously, though, that sucks. Too often changes like that are seen to bureaucrats as "progress" when they really just defeat the whole purpose.
Dumbass #1: "I know, let's make this camping area more like a city block."
Dmubass #2: "Good idea, I'll get the concrete!"

All I know is that a bobcat won't run with sugar in the gas tank.

I hope in the future Americans are thought of as a warlike, vicious people, because I bet a lot of high schools would pick "Americans" as their mascot. -Jack Handy
BastrdSonOfElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007   #32
C. Springs, Colorado
Personally.........I'm just glad to see a post or two from our long lost bastard son!! Can't wait to hear that you made it back home and sound.

Campsite stealing (and this thread) is some really...... really.....really petty shit compared to what BSOE is facing everyday. Now when the locals roll into your campsite and blow up you, them and everything they can with their car bomb...........

Now THAT would be something to bitch about.......

caverdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007   #33
Technology Partner, Littleton, Colorado
Send a message via AIM to mvhyde
Sure glad this didn't happen to me.......

My sense of humor just disappears when people do shit like this. Usually about that time, my dark side comes out and any of you who know me well enough know that is about the time to run far far away as there is usually a loaded defender 12 ga in my truck, not with buckshot, but rifled slugs. Situation like that requires knowing a good burial site for the fuckwads.
And the Lord said, let there be whitewater. So on Friday, the 13th day of the month....
mvhyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007   #34
denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2007
Guns would work but groovers r betta!!

Yea, the guns r effective, but a full groover dumped on "their" fire on your wood, would break up the coup those bastardizing bastards tried to establish... That shit might teach em!!
dolfijn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007   #35
denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2007
guns r effective, but groovers r betta!

Yea, guns r effective but a full groover dumped on "their" fire, on your wood, might breakup the coup those bastardizing bastards tried to establish. That shit might teach'em!!
dolfijn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007   #36
Boater, Colorado
Send a message via Yahoo to regf2603
Good time

Seems there are a lot of angry people here.... just wanted to say that I had a great time in NM! Met some great people and today I am going boating... what a life!

I think there were two nice groups of people at the campsite (I know, I was there) and too bad we miscommunicated. But had a good time with both groups and let's move on. See you guys on the river.
regf2603 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007   #37
Boater, Colorado
Send a message via Yahoo to regf2603

Originally Posted by moshe View Post
My last chime in on this post as a final peace offering. The changes up there are recent, your group is probably the first run in between old timers and the new camping area structure put in place this winter (there are still no designated areas up there - just a fee area sign and new bathroom). There were A LOT of groups up there that evening from CO and NM and everyone but yours knew the area. It was an unfortunate and probably unnecessary clash between paddlers over a firepit with a tradition. The war metaphors for both sides are probably appropriate. Given the changes happening up there and the fact not many folks go there, it will hopefully be the only clash, so it can go down in Buzz history if you like as the FRer's Memorial Day Massacre at the TJ Bridge Ruins Firepit or something.
  1. "I wouldn't really give a shit, except that my girlfriend goes to bed early and our tent was close enough to hear every word said, including the shit talking after she got pissed. I could have moved it, but it didn't seem appealing at 11pm." That sucked. Everyone but one of your group and one from the rest of the groups trickled off to bed after she came over and asked everyone to be quiet.
  2. "That being said, had she not been there I would have been the last one up and everyone would be pissed at me." Hope next time it is you. I don't like being on this end of the shit storm.
  3. "Now, with that being said, I suppose a bit more courtesy could have been displayed" Absolutely. The whole situation started out innocently enough and unfortunately degenerated quickly. Hence my attempt to put context to why/how the conflict happened and offer an apology for your weekend being ruined.
  4. "and then again, our group was sending mixed messages about the whole things anyway." Thanks for saying that. Way more than two people were talked to and we offered to move from the firepit early on when we were in our own chairs burning our own wood. Some of your group did join in and were very cool.
  5. "sounds like they are closing off vehicle access to the ruins anyway... sucks for your 15 yr tradition" Yeah it does and I am sorry you did not get to participate in that tradition in a positive way as many have (including chunderboy...RIP) I think the plan is concrete pads, kwanza huts, and bbq pits like the rest of the recreation area. See ya on pad #6 and you can drink all our booze and burn our wood.
..."FRer's Memorial Day Massacre at the TJ Bridge Ruins Firepit" --> I like that.

- Fred
regf2603 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007   #38
Lakewood, Colorasta
Paddling Since: 1997
Your right the Pueblo sites are nice!! Plus, you get the added bonus of having 400 yards of nice park n' creek class V.

Glad you guys worked it out.

Phillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007   #39
Originally Posted by BastrdSonOfElvis View Post
...All I know is that a bobcat won't run with sugar in the gas tank.

Calling all "Monkey Wrench Gangs?"

---we'll see how far the local 15 year traditionalists are willing to go to protect what they love.

"So in two seconds, away we went, a sliding down the river, and it did seem so good to be free again and all by ourselves on the big river and nobody to bother us." -Mark Twain (The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn)
Ed Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote