Old 05-21-2008   #11
Littleton, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1998
mountainbuzz slips another notch

this is yet another wierd transformation of from cool to tool--a frantic newby, unwise to the ways of the 'buzz, jumps on and rants at length about a situation in which she overreacted, underestimated the river, and overestimated her friends, and then proceeds to get the proverbial, well-deserved AT paddle beatdown (figuratively, of course, and in a very constructive and instructional manner)--then she hot-headedly retorts at being upbraided, to which she is still reasonably responded to--and all the while a very informative and entertaining discussion is being held--and then, the discussion is closed?! WTF?! There was nothing offensive, illegal, racist, etc. that I could detect--just a discussion among boaters that was, like I said, reasonable, constructive, instructional, perhaps a bit heated, but above all entertaining--and one that I was enjoying, does this mean we all have to start thinking: "hmmm, will my topic discussion be closed if I respond honestly and candidly, and like my bro Randy, 'keep it real'???" I mean, If there was something truly out of line, then of course it's appropriate to close it, but this can hardly even be considered to have risen to anywhere near that level--this level of unwarranted, iron-fisted censorship/regulation is really disappointing IMHO...

--fuck it, I'm going boatin'

Jay H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008   #12

So, what is the story Buzz-Thread cops? Why did you shut it down?

COUNT, what is the story?

bouldrmatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008   #13
V for Victory
9300ft, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Send a message via AIM to SummitAP
It is really too bad that topic was closed. I don't see a reason for it to be closed. The thread was far more civil than the PM she sent me entitled "YOU are MEAN" (it was truly hilarious). It was far more civil than some of the other boards I post on (if anyone has seen a quality TGR flamewar). I thought the thread was pretty epic, entertaining, and educational.

Link to the thread for reference: Bout' lost my life yesterday

Admin/Mods you can always reopen the thread
SummitAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008   #14
Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
"I'd row over rocks to save any of you from a certain death swim in class II water."

If I'm flailing in Class II, I would prefer that you look the other way and not tell anyone about it. Actually, I think there should be a law against it. I'm calling my congressman.
jmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008   #15
Did anybody get an infraction over this? Who has the authority to lock a thread.

GH- Congrats on the 2000 milestone, well done.
hey diddle diddle...
lotsawater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008   #16
Boy Howdy!
Colotucky, USA
Paddling Since: 2006
One time at the river, ilet my girlfreind swim for a mile before pulling her in. She never denied me a beer after that.
pinemnky13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008   #17
Westminster, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2002
This one time at band camp i paddled my canoe right into the dock and it capsized! So I got wet and they wouldn't throw me a rope so I had to swim to shore but it was muddy so I swam back to the dock and climbed the ladder oh man that was a close one! I loved band camp!
RandyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008   #18
Summit, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
Send a message via AIM to COUNT
Alright. I locked the thread (we did have some requests come in regarding the topic but not from anyone directly related to the thread). I did so when it started rapidly getting volatile. We all remember the threads that turned into a flame war when people started getting personal and we were just trying to keep things from getting bitter too fast. It seemed like pretty much every main point that could be made on the topic had already been posted at least once or twice and I thought people would be okay with not having to read more whining. Guess I jumped the gun on this one. I'll unlock it if that's what people want and it stays civilized.
"The world would be a better place if everyone kayaked."-Brad Ludden (Valhalla)
"You only get one chance to run a drop blind."-DD
COUNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008   #19
Eastern Slope, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1980
Yeah! Unlock it! WOOHOO!
Randaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008   #20
V for Victory
9300ft, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Send a message via AIM to SummitAP