Old 08-08-2013   #1
Bozeman-Big Sky, Montana
Callaghan in October?

I'm not sure if there is a better website to post BC-related questions or if any of the Whistler locals read here. My question is, and given the low water season everywhere out west, is there any chance Callaghan will be runnable the first week of October. The definition of runnable is much different to me and who will be on the trip, as we are southeast boaters. I know the BC fellas like that run quite fluffy and I know it will not be that at that time of year. But I have seen and read many trip reports and videos from Octobers past. I do not mind an ELF run, I just want to knock off that 25 footer while I'm on my roadtrip through BC in October!

Fingers crossed. And anymore IV-V (by Southeast standards) runs that will be in at that time? From BC(Whistler, Squamish, Vancouver), we are heading down through Bellingham, Seattle, Portland/Hood River most likely, and Eugene.

everybodyswims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013   #2
Seattle, Washington
Paddling Since: 1999
Send a message via AIM to JCKeck1
Callahan is ELF now. Definitely not by Oct. Rain could happen and then anything is possible in the PacNW, but you've chosen the only unpredictable time for flows. Fear not, there will be some kayaking!
JCKeck1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off