Mountain Buzz banner

Call out to Eagle and Ark Area Boaters

Tags
ark
1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  yakrafter 
#1 ·
Hey all.

Looking for folks to boat with at the end of the month/beginning of next. Will be staying with fam. and camping around the area (travelling further for good runs too). I have my eye on the eagle and the ark, but I would love a local perspective to join up with. That is how I have found all my favorites up north.

Looking for Class III+ to IV kayaking and Class III to V- Rafting. I am an aggresive boater, good roll, have both creeker, playboat, and raft with frame. I usually boat 2 days a week in the off season and 3+ during the season (much longer here in the NE)

I am up for boating almost EVERY DAY. I am laid back, open minded. Driving from the NE and will be there mid week next week (+/- 18th). I am pretty familiar with the area.

I know lots of folks will be meetable at popular put ins etc, but I am looking to get in your call loop - to make actual plans as the days progress. I've been skunked too many times. Like I said earlier - it is always best checking out an off the beaten path run with a local who knows it best.

Our spring runoff and rains are just ending, had a blast, stepped it up, and now I want to do the same in CO!

Thanks.

email yakrafter@yahoo.com

phone 978-790-5236 (cell)

name Mike aka yakrafter

See less See more
#4 ·
"umm...will you be taking the creature craft?"

umm...I am bringing it, doing plenty of kayaking too. I want to get the blood pumping by going out with the creature crowd and want to introduce my sister to the sport (5 years in the Eagle Valley and never been in a raft???)

Do you want to use it or pop it? It is my understanding that there are some anti-creature craft folks out there. I have a regular-non self bailer, but I think I am leaving it at home (never buy a bucket boat unless you fish).

Yo.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.