Old 06-17-2007   #11
Please tell me you guys are kidding about BV paddlers vs Salida paddlers. Aren't we all in the same awesome valley doing what we love??? Paddling.
Oh yeah, it's called Stupid Falls for a reason.

lynne allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007   #12
videos are available through
Please feel free to call 1888-RAFT PIC and order your copy. CKs will also be selling copies starting today.

luckyluke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007   #13

Don't worry, the Salida/BV thing is just in good fun.
Meng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007   #14
Poison Slingin'
I guess BV will have had to rule this one, but the Salider paddler Kyle Scarborough is the man who kept EJ rodeo boating in the hole for few seconds. As for me I will keep the excuse of Race Organization just keeps me out of the race. Poor, Poor Chad!

Congrats to the BV crew for making such a strong standing. Now to open the flood gates for more trash talk...where were the BV boys at the Rodeo?

PS...Can I claim Lawrence Simpson?
chixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007   #15
Poison Slingin'
Bump....RDNK....where iz yer Yap at?
Old 06-19-2007   #16
Sorry, Salida, but you can't claim Kyle Scarborough. He's a Texan.
deepstroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007   #17
Salida, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
To purchase the PC Boater X film email AVDI: Colorado whitewater river rafting photos and videography that is where I purchased mine ( :
shuttelhunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007   #18
pnw, Washington
ok, i just cant find the boaterx footage, wheres the teaser?
"Yesterday I was clever and tried to change the world. Today I am wise and try to change myself." -Rumi
gh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007   #19
The next zone, .
The DEMSHTIZ thred got 1000 hits. Amazing.

Well about the rodeo -

Just my take but from growing up around here it does seem that the saliver crowd is into that stupid purple color, artsey lightbulbs that cost over $100, playboatin, skiing, and bensons for a martini. This makes sure you salida boaters are lookin good while watin 8 deep for a ride or that you get into fly fishing. I don't want to say that slavia makes you soft - I just feel bad for you down in the sothern end of the valley. Only flat water and playboatin to around to test the old skills on after work.

Well up here in BV we are into snowmachines, poker, flannel shirts, dirtbikes, creekin, snowmoboardin, and gettin dirty with wiskey at the rope. We end up drinkin the high life while watin for a shuttle. Just about as red as you can get with out being in Wy or BC. This ensures that we are tuin up chainsaws to get the new 3 logs out of lake creek at over 1000, runin laps of Pine Creek, or runnin clear creek at dark with a huge fire watin at the takeout - just to hit the spike.

I think the results are just natural .
Jahve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007   #20
Poison Slingin'
DEMSHTIZ = newest noun in kayaking?

On to Shtiz talking-

Buenee is a wonderfull place for the yaking, I can't deny you that. I do feel bad about you poor men Snowmoboardin all winter, after all you need that floatation in that shallow snowpack up on the "wood." Snowmosking, Ski Area Skiing, Cat Skiing and the most epic Backcountry skiing is all minutes west from Salidos. You feel bad for us all you want. We'll weep for you in the winter when your "gettin dirty at the rope with whiskey" all chasing the "girl" that lives in Buenee all year. Not saying Buenee makes you hard, at least I hope not, but seems their are more chances of stayin' soft!

We may only have great dining, martini bars, hippie light bulbs, playboating, fishing, hot chix, Wal-Mart, Disco night every Thursday all year long, 50 cent beers every Wednesday, hot chix, and shady politics but at least we have Hot Chix! Have all the High Life, Flannels and Chainsaws you want.
We'll be kickin' the PBR and thats Red, White and Blue...that's America!