Old 11-06-2011   #11
Summit County, and Idaho
Originally Posted by ecarlson972 View Post
That was the question I was going to ask next. Myself nor my company Breck Adventure tours can not front the money. We are in the middle of buying another rafting company so we can be on the Ark next year.

I am willing to do all the work but can not put any money towards the startup cost! I would guess if we did 250 calenders around $2000.

One other thought we may be able to sell some advertising in the calender to help cover the cost. Probably not rafting companys but maybe CKS, Ten Mile, Confluence etc! 12 months 1 per page $100 or $150 would almost cover the cost!

Who likes to cold call?
First off Eric, Its obvious that you are jumping on the bandwagon simply to promote your business or you're unemployed. Probably both.

Second off, you would not be a good fit to "take over" this project. Your own website is full of badly written copy, grammer mistakes and typos. Lets not forget the 5000 business cards you had printed with the word "breckenridge" mispelled. I am not just being rude because you are an ex and I dont like you (ok, I am). But this is a really cool idea and should be done right. A lot of people could benefit from the money and the mountain buzz community would have something that was one of a kind.

Promoting at Baileyfest, FIBArk, Animas River Days, etc would be great, as would be getting paddlers featured in the calendar to sign their photo.

As far as start up money. If you had enough time, you wouldnt need much. Yes, ads could be sold etc. But if we worked hard we could get almost everything for free or at cost. Would we send them overseas to be printed? Probably not, I think enough buzzards do care about that and would step up to offer their connections or services for this worthy cause.

Edna and I have stepped forward to make this happen. The more people that can help out the better; but we all need to have the common goal of making it happen together as a group.

I agree 100% with Ednaouts previous post. It would truly be a disapointment to all.

Fallingup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011   #12
Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Whoa. Where's all the hostility coming from? Oh, I get's seeping in from the rafter vs kayaker F#*%$ thread! !!! LOL. Okay, now I've used 2 emoticons and an "LOL," the mood should be sufficiently lightened.
I was serious when I said if someone wants to get it together for 2012 to go ahead and run with it, I just can't devote any quality time, in that short of a time. If that came off as negative or hostile, I apologize, that was not my intention This idea started as a fun idea and should really remain just that. If we get it organized in a fashion that can provide for raising money for an organization, even better.
Let's get back to some of the funny thoughts that were being tossed around peppered with some quality shit talking about how kayaking is by far superior to rafting...or wait is it the other way around... Oh dear, that's 3 emoticon faces I've used...

"You know that old trees just grow stronger and old rivers grow wilder, everyday..."
ednaout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011   #13
Buena Vista, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
I like the thought of a "Buzz" calendar, I would likely purchase one.....
just an idea, look to the Mountain Buzz gallery. There are literally thousands of super high quality awesome shots, going back all the way to 2003, on this site already. Plus every one of the gallery photos was submitted to the "Buzz" by a forum user. How about making some kind of a poll as to what the best photos in the whole gallery are, and using them in a calendar?
GARNA’s mission is to foster stewardship of the resources of the greater Arkansas River region through education, volunteerism and experiences.
lmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011   #14
Eastern Slope, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1980
First of all, there is no way this will ever happen. There has been a thread for Mountain Buzz stickers going for years now, and guess what, no stickers. I can't wait for the part where the rafters and kayakers vote on which photos to use.

Second of all, you people made a Facebook page where you can discuss the boating discussions that you have on Mountain Buzz? Really?

Stupid kayakers.
Randaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011   #15
Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Damn, this looks fun

(seven two 0)-298-2242
Dave Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011   #16
Longmont, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2002
Posts: 25 has successfully been doing the calendar thing for several years now. Maybe ping adkSara over there for some ideas on how it's funded and made.

C-Forum • View topic - 2012 CBoats Calendar call for entries!

C-Forum • View topic - 2011 Cboats Calendar is HERE!!!

For some reason, I can't bring up the 2011 calendar on cafepress, but maybe sara would email it to you.

And if you put some C1's or openboats in it, I might actually buy one
klund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011   #17
Land of Lovin, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
Jackie Treehorn treats objects like women....
Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. - Voltaire
Jensjustduckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011   #18
West of Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1998
I hope there are some sweet rafts sitting in eddy shots! Klund, no calendar would be complete without a canoe in it!
Chief Niwot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011   #19
Spits Hot Fire
N. Cascades, Washington
Wait wait wait. Lets get back to that sloppy break-up.
Your opinion doesn't matter when you're already biased.
FLOWTORCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011   #20
Paddling Since: 96
Originally Posted by FLOWTORCH View Post
Wait wait wait. Lets get back to that sloppy break-up.
FLOWTORCH attempts to torch the flow of this thread...

Phil U. is online now   Reply With Quote