Mountain Buzz banner

butte creeks

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  twitch 
#1 ·
does anyone know what accesss is like for obj right now

#3 ·
I went to cb last year when it had just started running and really regretted it. The road to the east was closed. We could drive to OBJ campground but that was it, as soon as you got into the trees on the other side you were postholing through thigh deep snow. There were minor snow undercuts and OBJ was runnable, but there are definately better things to do right now...

#4 ·
On Monday I took a run out Gothic Road to look at the East. The road is not plowed out yet but the northern / eastern 1/2 of the road is totally melted out. The water level looked good though & with the warm temps this week, well you know.
Slate River Road is the same with the trail up to OBJ very patchy at this point. Under the trees still has snow & so does the campground. Good water though.
I don't know the scheduled opening dates for the roads (end of month?) but hopefully they may open early.
Gunnison's lower hole is perfect right now too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.