Old 07-23-2004   #1
Buena Vista River Park plan

Here is the conceptual plan for the new river park in downtown BV. This is just downstream of the existing feature and will have a restaurant with pizza and beer overlooking the main feature!!! We are hoping to start construction next spring.

Jed Selby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2004   #2
The next zone, .
That plan is sic!!!! The Largest play park in the world is set to be in good old BV!!!

It looks like sleepy old Buena Vista is well on its way to becoming the kayaking hub of Colorado and people are already starting to notice. Paddler Mag DUBed BV “kayaker” town! What a great place to live and work.

Now that we have Big Worm and the crew moving in, the Doctor setting up shop, 5000 in the house, and the Selby siblings getting it done it will not be long until there are actually lines at the hole(s). I am very excited about the path that this town is taking.

The buzz of Buena Vista is that the lots that the Selby’s are offering are going very fast and if anyone wants to get in on phase 1 they need to get in on it quick. I know that I am going to take advantage of this great opportunity. I wish that I had the chance to get a town lot in Vail, Aspen, the Summit area, or CB for this price. Now I know that BV is not the same as these towns but in 10 or 20 years it will be and I for one will be livin and playin in the hub of Colorado Kayaking, on the largest play park in the world, and needless to say one of the best places to live anywhere in the world.

Jahve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2004   #3
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
Well said Mr. redneck!! I thought rednecks were against population and waiting in lines at the local playspots?! Even if there are lines at the playspots we will just go 15 minutes north and run Clear creek of the Ark or 30 minutes north and run Lake creek. Then when it freezes we shall get back to sled necking it and running the backcountry lines.

Definitely can't wait to be your neighbor in Selbyville.
marko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004   #4
BV Playpark looking great

All residents are stoked on the existing BV hole in the town's River Park. We are even more excited about the potential future plans on the Selby property. The town government has never been so positive about growth within the town limits. Thanks to the Selby's hard work and residents direct input, they have now created an incredible proposal for BV. It will take some time and energy to finalize the river features, but we all feel very confident it will come together. If you live in BV, make sure to stay in the "loop" with meetings and public hearings. For those that do not live here, come check it out. Lots to do and more new things going on daily. It is a great place. Best wishes and thanks again to the hard working Selby's.
bvwp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004   #5
Town support for river park

Last Night The Board of Trustees of the Town of Buena Vista unanimously approved to support the South Main River Park plan and contribute $30,000 towards a GOCO grant application. Katie Selby has been writing the grant and we are all confident that this whole dream might become a reality. I poured water over my head and realized I was already awake. Can anyone get me a towel?

Jed Selby is offline   Reply With Quote

ark, buena vista