Old 02-12-2010   #1
Boulder, Jackson Kayak, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Send a message via Skype™ to thecraw
Bud American Ale Athlete... EJ.

Budweiser American Ale
As you can see on this website (after you put your age in of course) EJ has a very cool thing going on that will hopefully benefit ww kayaking as a whole. I am sure there are many who will disagree (everyone has their opinion about beer), but bottom line you are going to start seeing ww kayaking in mainstream advertising and that is a heck of a start as of late.

There is a very cool video that they did. Click Eric Jackson, Gallery, Photos, and then on the right is the video... Great music too!

The 2010 season is just starting it's first morning yawn... Soon we'll be hit'n it hard.

Fire it up!

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather...To skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... WOW !!!! What a ride!!!!!!"
thecraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010   #2
Asheville, North Carolina
Paddling Since: 98
Nice Craw, thanks for sharing that. I agree that our sport and industry could use some mainstream attention and avenues like this are a huge benefit. I know whitewater kayaking is not for everyone and that beers are best at the takeout, but just making folks aware of our sport as a rec opportunity is huge.

The video is pretty cool too!

Witness Buoyancy News as it Develops:
bowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010   #3
Self-Aggrandizing jackass
The Ranch, Colorado
Paddling Since: 04
Hey Craw, I just did a marketing report based exclusively on the print ad someone posted here in January (the one with EJ and Clay holding American Ale's). I was writing on the ad effectiveness from the Budweiser perspective. I liked it. A lot, actually. Although it's arguable that EJ might derive more positive exposure from it than Budweiser...
"self-aggrandizing jackass" - it says it right on the label
heliodorus04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010   #4
Originally Posted by thecraw View Post
Budweiser American Ale
bottom line you are going to start seeing ww kayaking in mainstream advertising and that is a heck of a start as of late.
This ^^^.
craporadon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010   #5
185 lb. waste of space, Keeping Glenwood Springs real
Paddling Since: 1864
Uh, I drink beer for my take out beers. Budweiser is what I drink to stay hydrated.

However thanks to the Bud plant in Fort Collins for keeping people employed. For that I salute you and people with bad taste. It could be worse, it could be Miller Lite.

Is this exposure going to make kayaks cheaper? Is it going to open up more waterways? Is it going to make kayaking safer? If so then great. If it just lines EJ's pockets and get him exposure, then great for him, congrats on making it and he worked hard to get there, but meh in the end for me.
970-217-21 six six
yourrealdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010   #6
Hey craw man,

Great video Who's the blond I have not seen her on the river. How come EJ only got one blond usually they are dropping out of planes by the dozen in bud videos.
David H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010   #7
Moab, Utah
Paddling Since: 1987
Yeah,who's the blonde? Probably turn out to be just another shredder.

Hey, speaking of alcohol, you know that thing that closes off your windpipe when you first drown, so if your buds get you out in 3-4 minutes and breathe for you you cough and come back to life without water in your lungs?

Well, it doesn't work if you have alcohol in you. at all. Thats why alcohol is involved with 50% of drownings. I don't know what the actuall BAC level where it stops working, but its pretty low.

sealion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010   #8
Granite, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
In my opinion this will do nothing to ¨mainstream¨the sport of kayaking. If anything it will only glorify the concept of kayaking to a mainstream population. Once Budwieser and the Mainstream realize that kayaking is for the core.......this silly advertising project will all be forgotten, while the rest of us shred the GNAR!!!
Kmaxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010   #9
KVBA TV8 Vail weatherman/Colorado Kayaker, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1992
Send a message via MSN to hobie
Its working. I now want to get drunk on shitty beer then buy a Jackson kayak.

hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010   #10
Actually, pretty logical. If it weren't for cheap beer I would never be able to buy a Jackson.

Kyle McCutchen
Cutch is offline   Reply With Quote