Mountain Buzz banner

boxelder, deer creek.. may 1st. 2nd. 3rd

4K views 28 replies 8 participants last post by  caspermike 
#1 ·
game on, looking to do someboating and need some boating buddies.

box elder creek , deer creek, maybe bates if we can get in.

anybody want to get on some water friday ? sat or sunday hit me up i need to go boating.

#2 ·
i may be able to swing a trip in sunday afternoon. i have been working a lot to get "things" paid off. I also havent been on the water since last spring when we ran boxelder. give me a call about sunday though. I will have to work friday and saturday. but would be able to break free on sunday.

give me a call 307-251-7816
Luke

#3 ·
hey caspermike i havent met you yet but always read your posts and have been meaning to hit you up, i live in fort collins but my family has a house in mcfadden wyoming>my pops is in the oil biz> near rock river and medicine bow im sure you know where thats at i havent been on the box elder yet would be hella stoked to check it out, was also wondering if you would want to do some exploratory creekin in the medicne bows, i got a few runs ive been hikin into and checking out found some steep shit just dont know about wood, been meaning to get in their and remove alot of the wood but havent, be cool to hit that box elder the upper or lower what u planning on running, anyway mad props let me know

#4 ·
HEY MIKE I JUST POSTED ON MY BROTHERS HE WOULDNT BE DOWN BUT LET ME KNOW ILL BE UP IN MCFADDEN ON FRIDAY NIGHT ALSO THE FOREST SERVICE IS LETTIN ME PLOW THRU SNOW TO GET TO ENCAMPMENT ON THE EAST ROAD TO HOG PARK ITS AT 400 CFS BUT FUN TO LAP DAMNATION AT THIS FLOW IF YOU WOULD WANT TO HIT THAT SOMETIME THEY GOT 5 FEET OF SNOW UP THERE I HEAR SO ENCAMPMENT MIGHT RAGE SUPER HIGH FLOW IF IT DOES THE ROAD WILL BE GOOD TO GO SO IF YOUD BE UP FOR THAT TOO, COOL LATER MAN,JUSTIN

#5 ·
justin im game and we can hit it whenever you want dude. i got a couple others on my mind, in the laramie range as well like 2-3 others besides the 3 mentioned above. how do you feel about hiking? you want some first strokes this weekend? we could all go for it hike on friday and run the shit on saturday. i don't know how much of the run will be the shit or runnable for that fact but it has potential to be one of those after work delights. luke(freexbiker) and i have gone for the elusive bates 2 times. first time turned down to clay roads ended up hiking to even get a glance and was underestimating the milage on the map, second time found the water. found the putin but not enough time to puton. take outs shouldn't be a problem but i think it could be a long day run. there's possibly a couple superstout sections.
im not opposed going for the garantee goods, im open to whatever. shit we could try to go for 3 f d's in 3 days if we were up to it.

justin have you checked out rock creek yet i was going to hurry down once the gauge started buzzing and give looky.

luke brother, you are coming for sure maybe get on deer creek or we can head towards esterbrook or boxelder if you are feeling like it.

laramie boys ,austin,shmitty, forest?

lets go boating 307-797-1665
weekend forcast, 50 percent rain friday in the 50's, 30 percent rain over the weekend in the mid 50's with lows in the 30's.

#9 ·
luke that would be sick.... david you stompping escalante sweet in the pic... you;ll be fine in school don't worry about it... better yet study at nights after you kayak.....hhuhh come on schmitty. hopefully pat and i get up the road to deer creek tomarrow. hes checking on it tonight.

#10 ·
luke that would be sick.... david you stompping escalante sweet in the pic... you;ll be fine in school don't worry about it... better yet study at nights after you kayak.....hhuhh come on schmitty. hopefully pat and i get up the road to deer creek tomarrow. hes checking on it tonight.
I'm in tomorrow, but have to be back in Laramie tomorrow night. I'm guessing the earliest I can make it up that way will be noon or so, so sorry to be that guy, but if that fits your plans I'm in for whatever.

#13 ·
sounds good to me but i get off at 5.... that or the play park... i wish we could find that quick huck on the f*cker. talked to old shivers in town and he said its damn skinny in the first gorge.... didn't know where the waterfall was... we were on the right road that day we needed to go over the hill and down the road a mile... we probably could have seen the drop if we ran 1/4 mile east.

#17 ·
rodeo as long as we don't get stuck and got a roof rack for the gear.
deer creek update... banner ranch closed the access to the put in. hiking would be possible but be weary of tresspassing... about 2 miles more or less hike into the lower, about 4 miles into the upper... totally worth it in my opinion.

#19 ·
Yea Mike sounds rad 3 f ds in 3 days would be too good and yea i have seen some super gnarly sections on the rock creek def tight class V even some V+ unrunnable lookin stuff just havent seen it with alot of water and free of wood would be a bitch hikin in from trail head but i calculated a 7 mile hike to get to a fork of rock creek cant remember which and the fork looks sick too manky but good and its like 4 miles to the the confluence the whole run like 12 miles ive only paddled the bottom 4 miles of rock creek some good fast class 3 type stuff sick wave at high flow, ill be up there tomorrow night ill give u a call if ur not up campin already ill try to make it up and get in their with you guys cool thanks man later

#20 ·
rio you should try to get here for sure... tomarrow looks like austin and i will hit boxelder...

saturday anybody want to hike in for some deer? open to gore or other runs. escalante is probbaly to far for a day trip.

sunday? possibly another boxelder day.

hit me up if any of you want to boat some class 5 creeks.

luke looks like its going to rain on the parade once again... park instead?

#23 ·
alright, theres deffentely some sissies out their hollerin about the water starting to run and waiting for it or something like that.... update. the shit is running lets go fuckers... austin and i meeting up around 1130 dave johnston power plant exit for boxelder im sure its enough time for some of you fort collins boaters running the narrows at a disney land level to get here.... lets go the water is running.

#25 ·
murph

i love the feeling i get when im about to get back in their... if we are done and it hasn't rained yet we should head towards batess.... maybe austin will be up for one more at least hit the lower canyon throw on at the ranchers bridge, miss the first gorge but possible to hit the last good one...maybe save that for tomarrow if anybodies down? peace luke give us a call and if you don't hear from us might be a good idea to head that way. putting on probably at 12 id say we will be out by 5 at the latest.

or you should bring your boat and we could go check out another by glendo after we get out of box elder.

#27 ·
So I was a little late to catch them running anything but I got to go in and watch them suffer through the hike out while taking some pictures...
The best picture of them all, with the rim and a fairly nice picture of loaf to the right.

Mike took some nice ones of the actual boating so more to follow...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.