Originally Posted by yakgrrl101
First off, to everyone here, I will admit that I underestimated the river at the level that it was running and I was confident in my abilities to run it in spite of the high water and such. I trusted everyone in my party to help each other out. The responses I'm seeing here sets in stone that people here have no heart whatsoever and could give a rats ass of lives on the river.
No, you have warped expectations.
Here is what is supposed to happen when you get into trouble:
2. If holding your boat is endangering you, ditch it. Your buddies will get it if they can.
3. If holding your paddle is endangering you, ditch it. Your buddies will get it if they can.
4. If you are still in danger, then your buddies should be focused on helping you instead of your gear.
Here is what you expected:
1. SAVE ME RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!1111!!ONEONEONE!!!!!
2. YOU DIDN'T BABYSIT ME! I'M GOING TO HAVE YOU ARRESTED!!!!!
Now, your "friends" were not "friendly." You should find better friends, but you will have a lot of trouble doing that with your attitude problem.